SiouxSports.com Forum

all americans

DLW4GOPHERS

I must say I am a little suprised that there is no talk about the all-american squad. Even I will admitt I thout Bochinski would make 1st team. I can see Senja and Kunitz making it, but Clark over Bochinski, I don't think so. Maybe next year we will see some Gophers and Sioux back on the first team.

I was suprised at the lack of Sioux or Gophs on this team, but, it take a lot of hype to get them on. Blais had been pushing D. Hale all year, then he got sick. Unfortunate for Hale to miss out on the award, but the others (Bochenski, Parise) still have more years to get the honor.

I can't say I was surprised there were no Gophers voted as 1st team all-Americans. Last year's Gopher team rode the backs of Pohl, Leopold, et al, this year's team does not have players of that elite caliber (yet) in my opinion. Lucia has molded this into a more complete unit, one that lacks any real superstars, but one that from top to bottom is as consistant and solid as any Gopher team I've seen in a long time.

I was surprised Bochenski was snubbed though, seems very shortsighted to me. Plus, now he's going to be POed next year....

McElhinney, 2nd team??? Are they on crack. He really didn't impress me all that much this season. Berkhoel, Dubie, Reichmuth...all these guys deserved it before McElhinney. As for Clarke...switch him with Shane Joeseph, but I do believe he was good enough to make 2nd team. Then replace Umberger (must have shot some good heroin on this decision) with Bochenski, Vanek, or Jon Francisco. I can name more people that should be on their before RJ, but I believe these are the top three. I have no idea who Brad Fast (11-35-46) is, so I'll assume he should be on it...but Schneider (11-30-41) and Ballard (12-29-41) should have also been considered. Seeing as how Fast was the second leading scorer on MSU, behind Liles, and did have 5 more points than Ballard and Schneider, I believe that was well deserved.