SiouxSports.com Forum

amazing run of recruiting

UND92,96

I was looking at the media guide, and thinking how many great players have gone through the program, but I never realized just how amazingly consistent recruiting has been under Roebuck. Some of these may be off by one year, but consider the following recruits (including transfers) who would go on to at least one all conference honor:

1987--Heisler*, Chaske*

1988--Walter*

1989--Meier*, Ihry

1990--Deutsch, Tr. Pudenz

1991--Kleinsasser*

1992--Waldal

1993--Britz

1994--Ti. Pudenz*

1995--Crouse*, Winger

1996--J. Pudenz*, Richards*, Jones

1997--Arndtson

1999--LeCuyer*, Boll*, Moen*

2000--Leighton*

2001--Hausauer

2002--Boese*

2003--Jahner

2004--Langen*

2005--Kimbrough*

*-denotes at least honorable mention all american

So between 1987 and 2005, there was just ONE year in which no future all conference player was brought in, and only ONCE did any many as two years go by without bringing in a future all american player!

I guess the one area of concern now is who is going to be the next great player? Perhaps Privatsky?

I watched the Rabbit/Bison games on TV this weekend. I have some good news and some bad news. The Bison men would kick the Sioux men's team's butts. There is no doubt about that. The good news is that the Sioux women would also kick the Bison women's team's butt's. There is no doubt about that either. The Bison women are a middle of the pack team in the Summit league. There must be some bad women's teams in the Summit League.

Kimbrough was God's gift to UND! In the end, whether it shows statistically or not, I think she will have been the best player to ever play for UND.

You will have to defend that one for me. She is a wonderful athlete and a great offensive player. But there is more to the game than that.

With all due respect to the many great players who have played at UND, I don't think there can be much serious debate about who the best player has been--Jenny Crouse. The numbers she put up, and the three national championships during her career speak for themselves. She may be the best all-around post player in dII history.

With all due respect to the many great players who have played at UND, I don't think there can be much serious debate about who the best player has been--Jenny Crouse. The numbers she put up, and the three national championships during her career speak for themselves. She may be the best all-around post player in dII history.

I agree with you 100%

Definitely Crouse over Kimbrough. No Doubt. I'd put Heisler in the top the 5 of all time. Too many people on this board didn't get to see her play, but look at her stats from her career. I believe she shot over 50% from the 3 pt. line. Awesome player!!!

Kimbrough was recruited by many, many D-I schools. They weren't small ones either - Iowa State, Kansas State, Minnesota, etc. She is by far my favorite player to watch because she gets excited and she plays with so much quickness and finesse. She has the ideal build for a post, and her talent is mind-boggling. She, no doubt, could have been a star at a big time college. Yet, UND landed her, and the program has maintained its tradition because of her. That's taking nothing away from other players. The program would not maintain as well if Langen, Boese, or Jahner would not have been here either. However, in my opinion, I feel Kimbrough is the best player to play here.

Kimbrough was recruited by many, many D-I schools. They weren't small ones either - Iowa State, Kansas State, Minnesota, etc. She is by far my favorite player to watch because she gets excited and she plays with so much quickness and finesse. She has the ideal build for a post, and her talent is mind-boggling. She, no doubt, could have been a star at a big time college. Yet, UND landed her, and the program has maintained its tradition because of her. That's taking nothing away from other players. The program would not maintain as well if Langen, Boese, or Jahner would not have been here either. However, in my opinion, I feel Kimbrough is the best player to play here.

With all due respect you must only be watching the offensive side of the ball. To be the best all-time you need to be able to play a little defense. She lacks that big time. That problem would have only been worse at D-I. Crouse has my vote

With regard to possible future recruiting, it appears Durene (Heisler) Frydenlund's daughter (and Steve Brekke's niece) is already a good player for EGF as a 9th-grader. Also, they have a 6'2" sophomore post who has already put up a number of 20-point games this year. I suspect both will have the ability to play college ball at some level.

With all due respect you must only be watching the offensive side of the ball. To be the best all-time you need to be able to play a little defense. She lacks that big time. That problem would have only been worse at D-I. Crouse has my vote

What are you watching?? Like Kimbrough is the weak link?:D

Jenny Crouse won 3 National Titles and was player of the year twice? nationally, I believe. The list of best players ever to play here begins and ends with Jenny Crouse. Argue over who is the 2nd best player.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anybody had a chance to see any of the region 2 tournament at the Betty? Jenna Gillett's Dakota Prairie team lost last night, but Katie Houdek's Grafton team will be playing for the title. I'm just curious whether anybody has seen either of them play recently.

Saw them both on Monday. Don't see how Gillette can play DI bball. Size isn't there and quickness will be a real issue.

Houdek on the other hand, I believe has a chance to be pretty good. She gets the game and is very athletic; runs real well. She also has one more year of high school plus a redshirt year b/4 she'll ever see the floor. 2 years from now, I can see her making a contribution.

Saw them both on Monday. Don't see how Gillette can play DI bball. Size isn't there and quickness will be a real issue.

Houdek on the other hand, I believe has a chance to be pretty good. She gets the game and is very athletic; runs real well. She also has one more year of high school plus a redshirt year b/4 she'll ever see the floor. 2 years from now, I can see her making a contribution.

Thanks.