SiouxSports.com Forum

Play by Play voices

radionews

With Tim Hennessey off the air tonight due to his father's death, I starting thinking about play by play voices forSioux Hockey. I can not remember anyone besides Tim doing the games although I remember it being on other stations years ago. Anyone recall anyone else doing the games and/or color partners? (Scott Hennen is doing teh PA for Darrin Looker who is on the radio tonight)

The Wild's play by play guy, Dan Terhaar was voice of the Sioux at one time, but not sure if he did hockey. Scott Miller in Fargo, same deal.

Terhaar did Sioux hockey in the early 90's. I really liked him. As I recall, he lost his job when the Sioux went to a different station. I thought I remembered him doing St. Cloud hockey sometime after that, but not certain.

Hennesey had been with the KNOX when they had the games. When KCNN picked up the games he went over there. Then the KNOX group got the games which is when Terhaar was the voice. My memory says that lasted about 3 years or so.

At that point clear channel was the owner of the group of stations it now has and bought back into it.

I think when KCNN had it they had it on K-Lite (105). Prior to that it was on AM on the actual KNOX.

There's been a lot of buying and selling of radio stations so it gets a bit mixed up.

Oops I missed one part. I think Dave Norman from KCNN got it back from KNOX had it for several years and then lost the bidding to clear channel. Then Dave sold out to the Leighton group. (KNOX)

Oh well I still like Dan Terhaar's .