SiouxSports.com Forum

WJC Tournament

Siouxdonyms

Goaltending and overall team defense seems to me what separates the US and Canada right now. Canada just doesn't seem to give up second shots.

Team defense is really the key to this tournament. Your goaltender does need to make a few big game saves each game, but overall, IMO, it comes down to team defense. How did Canada do it? They brought in Brent Sutter for two years. Then they moved on to Hartsburg. The US had Eaves as coach in 2004, who is very defensive minded. Yes, there was a lot of talent on that team, but there's a lot of talent on so many of these teams each year. It has to come down to the defensive side of the game.

US doesn't get a medal this year. Guess I'll cheer for Canada in the gold medal game. Getting kind of old having to root for the Canadians every year.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

US doesn't get a medal this year. Guess I'll cheer for Canada in the gold medal game. Getting kind of old having to root for the Canadians every year.

I happen to be far more Swedish than Canadian so I won't have that problem this year. :lol:

I too think Canada has it figured out now and will smother Sweden in a 3-0 type of game.

Canada leads 2-0 after the 2nd period. They had 4 PP chances in the 2nd and couldn't put anything in. Same type game that Sweden came back from in their first meeting of the tournament. Canada needs to take what they learned in that game and close out the 3rd.

Canada leads 2-0 after the 2nd period. They had 4 PP chances in the 2nd and couldn't put anything in. Same type game that Sweden came back from in their first meeting of the tournament. Canada needs to take what they learned in that game and close out the 3rd.

its theirs to lose now.........team usa needs to start looking ast who they choose for thier team. it shouldnt just be kids that played in their system, everyone should get a fair shot no matter what. get a friken TEAM together then we wont get bitch slapped by canada every year

really? i thought it was 5 on 5 in international. thats a guarenteed win either way if so, too much ice out there on a international rink not to score

You start to wonder if Canada's quarterfinal game comes into affect here with the fatigue factor. The Swedes totally dominated the 3rd after getting their first goal. Don't know if it was a shift in momentum, fatigue, or something else. Hard to say. Basically the same thing that happened in these two teams first game, other than Sweden only scoring 2 goals this time.

You start to wonder if Canada's quarterfinal game comes into affect here with the fatigue factor. The Swedes totally dominated the 3rd after getting their first goal. Don't know if it was a shift in momentum, fatigue, or something else. Hard to say. Basically the same thing that happened in these two teams first game, other than Sweden only scoring 2 goals this time.

yeah, maybe, thats what the guys in the studio said maybe. they just layed back in my mind and tried not to lose it istead of keeping on the pressure. i think canada will win in OT, tavares or turris will cement their place behind jonny as a gold medal hero

Part of it is the maturity I spoke of earlier as well. The majority of the Swedish lineup is 88 birthdays and many of those players are in Professional Men's leagues in Europe. This has been as painful as watching last nights Sioux game.

yeah, maybe, thats what the guys in the studio said maybe. they just layed back in my mind and tried not to lose it istead of keeping on the pressure. i think canada will win in OT, tavares or turris will cement their place behind jonny as a gold medal hero

I'm not so sure this team can do it. Swedes have all the momentum. Canada hasn't really been on any kind of offense since the beginning of the 3rd. Their biggest advantage right now is the period break and hoping that takes away some of the Swedes momentum.

I'm not so sure this team can do it. Swedes have all the momentum. Canada hasn't really been on any kind of offense since the beginning of the 3rd. Their biggest advantage right now is the period break and hoping that takes away some of the Swedes momentum.

i agree on the period break. if it was a quick break then OT then i would say its already over in swedens favor but the long intermission helps canada

This is the kind of game you love to watch if you have no allegiance to either team, but the kind of game you hate if you're rooting for one of the teams. You have my sympathy Sioux Hab-it, but for Americans, this is a great game to watch!!! I guess it will be great for you if your team prevails though!

This is the kind of game you love to watch if you have no allegiance to either team, but the kind of game you hate if you're rooting for one of the teams. You have my sympathy Sioux Hab-it, but for Americans, this is a great game to watch!!! I guess it will be great for you if your team prevails though!

I'm okay :lol: