SiouxSports.com Forum

disappearing skating cheerleaders

YaneA

My son didn't have to tell me about the DUI cheerleader. This particular cheerleader lived two doors down from us, her folks still live there, was a year behind him in HS and DID get kicked off the squad for a DUI.

I wasn't posting to say they shouldn't party. I posted in response to the '70s cheerleaders post.

And what year did she graduate and cheer? I have known everyone on the team since 2002. No one has been removed from the hockey cheer team for a DUI. There have been many girls removed for many other reasons, but none for a DUI. Maybe she happened to get a DUI, but that information was never divulged to the team, and that was probably not the reason for her removal. It probably had something to do with her attitude, demeanor, medical problems, grades or something else.

What were you saying, if you weren't saying they shouldn't party? If I recall correctly, you stated that "lots of those girls liked to party." Exactly what were you trying to prove by saying that?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have mixed feelings about the cheerleader business. It's great to see that they're not on the ice anymore... but on the other hand, one of the highlights of my last visit to the REA involved a cheerleader not taking off her skate guard when she stepped on the ice. Things like that make the skating cheerleaders SO worth it.

However, the sad thing is, since they're not on the ice, it seems that they would be in the stands even more than they already were and annoying the fans more. This is very unfortunate. :D

I made MeanEgirl's sig! :D

I'm somebody now! Thousands of people look at this site every day! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity - your name in print - that makes people! Things are going to start happening to me now! :D

I have mixed feelings about the cheerleader business. It's great to see that they're not on the ice anymore... but on the other hand, one of the highlights of my last visit to the REA involved a cheerleader not taking off her skate guard when she stepped on the ice. Things like that make the skating cheerleaders SO worth it.

However, the sad thing is, since they're not on the ice, it seems that they would be in the stands even more than they already were and annoying the fans more. This is very unfortunate. :D

Jealousy is the ultimate flattery...

Jealousy is the ultimate flattery...
Not sure what that has to do with anything... I'm not jealous of a bunch of girls that can annoy 11,000 people at once. I'm actually fairly good at it myself...

n6601573_30497308_5202.jpg:D

My annoyingness doesn't involve skirts that are too short or ear piercing squeaky voices... just some fun creativity.

Oh and hey.... Tell Teej that the girl-who-offered-him-pacifiers-and-said-that-he-was-very-cute-while-he-was-in-the-penalty-box-at-Tech says hi. :D

Not sure what that has to do with anything... I'm not jealous of a bunch of girls that can annoy 11,000 people at once. I'm actually fairly good at it myself...

My annoyingness doesn't involve skirts that are too short or ear piercing squeaky voices... just some fun creativity.

Oh and hey.... Tell Teej that the girl-who-offered-him-pacifiers-and-said-that-he-was-very-cute-while-he-was-in-the-penalty-box-at-Tech says hi. :D

there is no such thing

Or...judging by the picture....jealous about not being able to fit in to the 'skirts that are too short'? That would probably make me angry as well.

I didn't laugh. That hurts! :D

at least she didn't do it at a skating competition!!.....now that's embarassing. But I was only 9, so I could still use the "just a kid" card.

True...it does hurt...but I also laughed at myself (along with all my friends) when I forgot to take my skate guards before stepping onto the ice at practice. You have to enjoy the humor of it. But it would be embarrassing to do it in front of 11,000 people. Oh well, s&!t happens, everyone fumbles now and again.

True...it does hurt...but I also laughed at myself (along with all my friends) when I forgot to take my skate guards before stepping onto ice. You have to enjoy the humor of it. But it would be embarrassing to do it in front of 11,000 people. Oh well, s&!t happens, everyone fumbles now and again.

at least you had the guts to cheer in front of all those people!!!