SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Huskies

Siouxdonyms

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good win for UND today. Have you ever seen a worse SCSU offense? This season is an all time low for SCSU fans. Now we have to go up there next year??? My God :lol:

No, I haven't seen a worse offense from SCSU, or possibly even from any other NCC team in a long, long time. Unfortunately for the Huskies, even their defense looked hopelessly overmatched today, although they've had some nice performances this year. At least your punter was good. :D

No, I haven't seen a worse offense from SCSU, or possibly even from any other NCC team in a long, long time. Unfortunately for the Huskies, even their defense looked hopelessly overmatched today, although they've had some nice performances this year. At least your punter was good. :D

:D so its not as bad as it seems

:D so its not as bad as it seems

I, and a lot of other UND fans, actually have a lot of respect for SCSU football due in large part to the Hedberg/Underwood connections to UND. We know those guys can coach. I can only assume that the Husky struggles of the past two years are a combination of injuries and having fewer scholarships than the usual top dogs of the NCC.

I, and a lot of other UND fans, actually have a lot of respect for SCSU football due in large part to the Hedberg/Underwood connections to UND. We know those guys can coach. I can only assume that the Husky struggles of the past two years are a combination of injuries and having fewer scholarships than the usual top dogs of the NCC.

This was not a typical UND vs SCSU matchup today......I was very surprised with the ease UND dominated this game.

IMO, the fake field goal in the third quarter wasn't a good idea. Some SCSU players clearly weren't happy about it, nor do I believe was Randy Hedberg:

And the Sioux didn't relent in the second half, even up four touchdowns. Freund overthrew Brady Trenbeath on a fake field goal late in the third quarter, and that didn't sit well with at least one St. Cloud State defender.

"They're trying to run the score up and embarrass us," Kees said. "We took that pretty personal, what they were doing out there.

"A team runs a fake field goal when they're up (35-7), that really gets to you. That's just complete B.S., and you take that to heart."

On the one hand, a 28-point third quarter lead is hardly insurmountable, but there's probably no point in doing something that may cause hard feelings, particularly given the normally friendly relationship between the coaching staffs and the fact that we're hoping to play them here again next year. :D

On the one hand, a 28-point third quarter lead is hardly insurmountable, but there's probably no point in doing something that may cause hard feelings, particularly given the normally friendly relationship between the coaching staffs and the fact that we're hoping to play them here again next year. :D

When it happened, I was surprised, but I figured it was a way to show on game tape to any future opponents that UND has the ability to run a fake.

But I will admit that I am wrong a lot...