SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux pride at it's highest peak with players and fans?

01grad

Perhaps, players from other teams don't feel the need to pat themselves on the back? It kind of reminds me of a little kid that is starved for attention and is proclaiming, "look at me".

what is wrong with players thanking their fans and saying that they appreciate their fans? I have met a lot of athletes who would never say anything like that because they have their nose so far up in the air that they would freak out if you dared try and talk to them. We have great athletes here at UND and not just in hockey. I have never seen one of them not be nice to the little kid that walks up to them just staring because the kid can't believe that they would talk to them.

Perhaps, players from other teams don't feel the need to pat themselves on the back? It kind of reminds me of a little kid that is starved for attention and is proclaiming, "look at me".

Okay, I'm not understanding what you are saying. How does "I feel honored to be a part of this team/school/group" equal "look at me"? I take it as being humble; if a person was trying to pat themselves on the back, wouldn't they say something like: "______ is blessed to have me on the team" or "look what I did to make this place better" the closest I see that happening is "being here forces me to make myself better"

I am not trying to flame, I really am not following you with your post.

Okay, I'm not understanding what you are saying. How does "I feel honored to be a part of this team/school/group" equal "look at me"? I take it as being humble; if a person was trying to pat themselves on the back, wouldn't they say something like: "______ is blessed to have me on the team" or "look what I did to make this place better" the closest I see that happening is "being here forces me to make myself better"

I am not trying to flame, I really am not following you with your post.

dean has an ability to make people upset on this board, so i would not get too upset with his posts.

What is it you are trying to say? What team are you talking about? If you feel a need to post here have a point!

Otherwise why don't you go back to your hole (GOPHER NATION) and enjoy your long season ahead of you and your gooophers!

Players on (most) other teams cannot say such comments because their team does not have 7 championships and a winning tradition.

You hear NY Yankee players say it all the time, that they are proud to put on the pin stripes. You don't hear it from the Marlins because the tradition is not there.

You just feel that way because you know the Sioux are better than any other team, and as a result, any Sioux player saying they are proud to put on their Sioux jersey, in your mind, means they are patting themselves on the back declaring that they truly are really really good.

While in said players mind they are truly proud to just play on a team of this caliber with this much tradition.