SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs BISON Game Thread

AZSIOUX

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who can see the game, what level team would Manitoba be if they were in the WCHA?

Talent and "skill" speaking they are worse than any WCHA team. However, team "fundamentals" they are a bottom two WCHA (or better?).

On another note, I really like Walski's style of play. He doesn't really move much and seems to react rather than predict (which is both good and bad).

Will be watching Grieco closedly in the third as I have no problem saying that, if anything, goaltending will be the problem for the Sioux this year.

Lammy is good... but not great. As a Sioux fan, I understand good, but expect great.

DISCLAIMER: I HAVE NOT GIVEN UP IN LAMMY, I JUST DON'T WANT TO ANNOINT HIM SEASON #1 STATUS UNTIL I SEE WHAT ELSE WE CAN PUT BETWEEN THE PIPES. REMEMBER, BOTH KARL AND

ANDY WERE BACKUPS BEFORE THEY GOT THEIR CHANCE MID-SEASON!!!

Talent and "skill" speaking they are worse than any WCHA team. However, team "fundamentals" they are a bottom two WCHA (or better?).

On another note, I really like Walski's style of play. He doesn't really move much and seems to react rather than predict (which is both good and bad).

Will be watching Grieco closedly in the third as I have no problem saying that, if anything, goaltending will be the problem for the Sioux this year.

Lammy is good... but not great. As a Sioux fan, I understand good, but expect great.

DISCLAIMER: I HAVE NOT GIVEN UP IN LAMMY, I JUST DON'T WANT TO ANNOINT HIM SEASON #1 STATUS UNTIL I SEE WHAT ELSE WE CAN PUT BETWEEN THE PIPES. REMEMBER, BOTH KARL AND

ANDY WERE BACKUPS BEFORE THEY GOT THEIR CHANCE MID-SEASON!!!

OVER REACTION ALERT.............are you kidding me?? phil will be fine, he led us to the frizen 4 last year and proved he is a #1 goalie. lets not start this already. its EXH game, now if it continues then we will have a problem but lets pull back and think about it for a minute. its phils job and if you think otherwise you are wrong. so if ohil didnt give up a goal then what would have you said? nothing because then he was supposed to do that. he had a bad period.

are you kidding me?? phil will be fine, he led us to the frizen 4 last year and proved he is a #1 goalie. lets not start this already. its EXH game, now if it continues then we will have a problem but lets pull back and think about it for a minute. its phils job

Any goalie will tell you that it's harder to stay alert and quick when you're facing almost no shots. He only saw a few shots over the course of the whole period.

are you kidding me?? phil will be fine, he led us to the frizen 4 last year and proved he is a #1 goalie. lets not start this already. its EXH game, now if it continues then we will have a problem but lets pull back and think about it for a minute. its phils job

Wow... the disclaimer was in all caps. ALL goalies are "#1" goalies before they lose their job. I just said that I am glad to be able to see our other goalies during this game since we may not in the future and that "if anything, goaltending will be the problem for the Sioux this year" not that Lammy is not good. Seriously, if you had to predict a weakness on our team: OFFENSE - DEFENSE - GOALTENDING, which one would you pick?

:silly:

Any goalie will tell you that it's harder to stay alert and quick when you're facing almost no shots. He only saw a few shots over the course of the period.

and he sucked but sh$# happens. im not gona say phil needs to prove his worth at all, he has done that. its his team