SiouxSports.com Forum

Wiki help!

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

I would like to do some work on the wiki, but I can't even get logged in. How does it work? Thanks.

You should be able to use your message board login and password.

If that's what you're trying and it's not working, let me know. It's possible that something unique about your account is causing difficulty. For example, I notice that your username contains punctuation; while I don't know that to cause a problem, it wouldn't be shocking.

You should be able to use your message board login and password.

If that's what you're trying and it's not working, let me know. It's possible that something unique about your account is causing difficulty. For example, I notice that your username contains punctuation; while I don't know that to cause a problem, it wouldn't be shocking.

Yes, that is what is happening. No go with the log in.

My best guess trying to reproduce it is that it seems to be the exclamation points.

Try logging into the wiki using your normal username, but the following five characters (without the spaces) in place of the exclamation points:

& # 3 3 ;

This is a somewhat diagnostic test, I don't necessarily expect you to have to login that way going forward.

I'm still reasonably convinced that's the problem, and my proposed solution worked for me in simulations of the problem.

Since the fix didn't work for you, I'm going to have to move beyond simulating it and duplicate your situation exactly -- I'll make myself a new id that has the exclamation points, confirm the behavior, and try to fix it.

That could take a day or two, so sit tight. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm still reasonably convinced that's the problem, and my proposed solution worked for me in simulations of the problem.

Since the fix didn't work for you, I'm going to have to move beyond simulating it and duplicate your situation exactly -- I'll make myself a new id that has the exclamation points, confirm the behavior, and try to fix it.

That could take a day or two, so sit tight. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the work, Jim. I appreciate it.

• 1 month later...
Is the formatting on the wiki jacked up??? :sad:

That's peculiar -- I haven't touched it. I'll take a look.

Update -- building the pages is a relatively expensive operation so it only does it now and then and caches the result for serving to subsequent requests. Looks like the cache for the stylesheets got corrupted, I have no idea how. Blowing away the bad cached files seems to have fixed everything.

That's peculiar -- I haven't touched it. I'll take a look.

Update -- building the pages is a relatively expensive operation so it only does it now and then and caches the result for serving to subsequent requests. Looks like the cache for the stylesheets got corrupted, I have no idea how. Blowing away the bad cached files seems to have fixed everything.

Cool thanks...