SiouxSports.com Forum

Get ready to move those FTA dishes for the FSSN

iceberg

Signal seems to be UP a wee bit tonight! 76% quality here in the metro!

(I use a 90ch dish of course and an Invacom LNBF with the MIGHTY Traxis DBS 3500!)

GO SIOUX!

Watch out for my pal Lefty Curran who will be on the ice tonight!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

PSB,

Did your signal strength stay strong all night or drop off after the first period like mine did?

It never changed the whole night here, any tree's infront or over hanging your dish? I checked the signal quality right before they went off air and it was at 75%

• Upvote 1

I do not have any obstructions in front of the dish, used to have a Satwork system that was pretty solid, but this year I have a Fortec Mercury II reciever that I am starting to question.

I am first going to try a different LNB to see if it improves.

PSB, if you have any for LNB's sale, please let me know.

Thanks,

Ron

I do not have any obstructions in front of the dish, used to have a Satwork system that was pretty solid, but this year I have a Fortec Mercury II reciever that I am starting to question.

I am first going to try a different LNB to see if it improves.

PSB, if you have any for LNB's sale, please let me know.

Thanks,

Ron

The Xtreme II lnb was a major improvement over the uln1 for me. You can't go wrong with either the xtreme II or the invacom snh-031 from Pete.

http://shop.psbsatellite.com/main.sc

What dish and lnb are you using? I think the fortec receivers are good so I'd expect the problem to be lnb or dish. My fortec dish warps in the sun/heat and quality can change drastically from one hour to the next, although it's much better in the cooler weather we have now. My next purchase will be the 90cm hotdish that Pete is using.

;

The Xtreme II lnb was a major improvement over the uln1 for me. You can't go wrong with either the xtreme II or the invacom snh-031 from Pete.

<a href="http://shop.psbsatellite.com/main.sc" target="_blank">http://shop.psbsatellite.com/main.sc</a>

What dish and lnb are you using? I think the fortec receivers are good so I'd expect the problem to be lnb or dish. My fortec dish warps in the sun/heat and quality can change drastically from one hour to the next, although it's much better in the cooler weather we have now. My next purchase will be the 90cm hotdish that Pete is using.

I have the Fortec Star Mercury II Satellite reciever (new), with the Fortec Universal LNB and a Winegard 76 cm dish.

I still had good quality the Univerity Network and the CBS News feed, while FSSN went from really good to very borderline. Seems like the longer my unit was on the weaker the signal became. I gave my old Satwork reciever to my brother in Denver last year and then bought the Mercury II. I have a 4 foot dish that I can set up, but I will try a different LNB first.

The Xtreme II LNB sounds good, I will oder one form Pete today.

Thanks!

;

I have the Fortec Star Mercury II Satellite reciever (new), with the Fortec Universal LNB and a Winegard 76 cm dish.

I still had good quality the Univerity Network and the CBS News feed, while FSSN went from really good to very borderline. Seems like the longer my unit was on the weaker the signal became. I gave my old Satwork reciever to my brother in Denver last year and then bought the Mercury II. I have a 4 foot dish that I can set up, but I will try a different LNB first.

The Xtreme II LNB sounds good, I will oder one form Pete today.

Thanks!

I'm not familiar with the Fortec LNB, but the winegard dish should be good, as well as the Fortec receiver. Maybe the new lnb will make the difference.

What kind of signals are you getting on University & CBS News?

Those Fortec LNB's work pretty good. They're small and I haven't had that issue of losing signal like that on one channel.....weird

I have a signal level in the 84-85 on the satellite.

With the Fortec Mercury II receiever the signal quality jumps around quite a bit, so these numbers are approximate.

Univ. network signal quality is 50 to 60.

CBS Newspath signal quality is 55 to 60.

Aghapy signal quality is 25 to 50.

Fox News channel, (test pattern), signal quality is 85 to 90.

FSSN last night signal quality started out 50 to 60, then latter dropped to 15 to 25 and was pixelating.

I am going to let the system run on a single channel all day to see if the signal degrades after time.

Yeah, it does seem pretty wierd that I wasn't having problems on the other stations.

Thanks!

What kind of signals are you getting on University & CBS News?

Those Fortec LNB's work pretty good. They're small and I haven't had that issue of losing signal like that on one channel.....weird

I have a signal level in the 84-85 on the satellite.

With the Fortec Mercury II receiever the signal quality jumps around quite a bit, so these numbers are approximate.

Univ. network signal quality is 50 to 60.

CBS Newspath signal quality is 55 to 60.

Aghapy signal quality is 25 to 50.

Fox News channel, (test pattern), signal quality is 85 to 90.

FSSN last night signal quality started out 50 to 60, then latter dropped to 15 to 25 and was pixelating.

I am going to let the system run on a single channel all day to see if the signal degrades after time.

Yeah, it does seem pretty wierd that I wasn't having problems on the other stations.

Thanks!

I know the Merc II quality meter reads a little lower than other boxes. My Pansat by comparison has

University at 99

CBS at 80-83

Aghapy at 75

FSSN last night was between 70-80

This is on a 76cm winegard and a dual LNB so I wonder if maybe the LNB needs to be skewed a little more...you might want to try and lean into the dish (if accessible) and see if the numbers move. If you lean into the dish and the signal jumps up, then the dish is off by a little bit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
I'm in Moorhead and just got a Fortec Mercury II....I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm not even going to pretend I understand the "transponder" and "LNB" language. If there's anyone in the Fargo-Moorhead area that can give me a hand, please let me know.

You can probably get some help/ideas in the below forum. Do you have your dish up, cabled and pointed?

Need some help with my dish. I had nothing last night. Went out to try to manually repoint my dish today and picked up something, but I'm not sure its the right satellite. I get a level, but no signal when my settings are 11710 v 14320. Is anyone receiving an actual channel right now that I can try to tune in to?

Need some help with my dish. I had nothing last night. Went out to try to manually repoint my dish today and picked up something, but I'm not sure its the right satellite. I get a level, but no signal when my settings are 11710 v 14320. Is anyone receiving an actual channel right now that I can try to tune in to?

Yes the games on right now, I am getting 75% signal quality here in the Minneapolis area!

Here are the transponder details for the Sioux game

freq. 12031

Poarity V

SR. 4880

Give me your zip code for all the angles needed in your area!

More or less enter the above in the antenna setup screen then move the dish until you see signal quality, signal means nothing!

• Upvote 1