SiouxSports.com Forum

Statewide Sports Radio in ND

GeauxSioux

Statewide station coming to North Dakota

North Dakota will soon have a sports talk radio station blanketing the entire state, as well as parts of Minnesota, South Dakota, Montana and Manitoba.

This large coverage area the fifth largest in the United States could be an attractive home for UND and North Dakota State athletics when the schools' current contracts expire, according to Dan Hammer, sports director of Radio Fargo-Moorhead.

This should get interesting. :lol:

Yes, it will be interesting. The new owner of KKAG is a NDSU booster and NDSU is moving media productions in-house, which makes the current ForumComm contract less restrictive. Still, I wonder whose contract expires first. UND signed a two-year deal with CC last summer, while NDSU and ForumComm still hadn't inked as of mid-March. I also haven't seen any reports on the length of the proposed or signed NDSU/ForumComm contract. Yes, it most definitely will be interesting. :lol:

Yes, it will be interesting. The new owner of KKAG is a NDSU booster and NDSU is moving media productions in-house, which makes the current ForumComm contract less restrictive. Still, I wonder whose contract expires first. UND signed a two-year deal with CC last summer, while NDSU and ForumComm still hadn't inked as of mid-March. I also haven't seen any reports on the length of the proposed or signed NDSU/ForumComm contract. Yes, it most definitely will be interesting. :lol:

I believe the UND contract has an option for another year after the 07-08 year.

I believe the UND contract has an option for another year after the 07-08 year.

I guess the question then is, who's option? Is it UND's or the radio station's?

If you read into what McFeely wrote Sunday, you can guess that NDSU taking a hard look at KKAG. As a fan of both schools it would be great to get both on a statewide station.

I live in the western part of the state, so this is good news. I am not much of a Minnesota sports fan, but the coverage of one market is very interesting. I wonder which KFAN shows will make the cut?? As they say they won't change the lineup much.

• 9 months later...