SiouxSports.com Forum

Great Season

11~ZachAttack~11

I would just like to say that the hockey team has done great this year. We've had our ups and downs, but, to me, its been a great season. Each player has had their own moment of greatness. These guys we have playing for us, are awesome. We are also gonna lose some great seniors. They have each played a big role for our team. Next year we will be going even farther. I know they can do it. I hope our new recruits can help us get to be #1 in the country.

I don't know about you guys but, I would probably never be able to do what they do. Sure some are born with hockey in their blood, but they still had to work at it.

Times when it seemed impossible to win, they pulled it off and won the game.

I am always proud to say that my favorite team is the Fighting Sioux hockey team. No matter if they are winning or losing. No matter what anyone says about them - to me, they are the best. :)

I would just like to say that the hockey team has done great this year. We've had our ups and downs, but, to me, its been a great season. Each player has had their own moment of greatness. These guys we have playing for us, are awesome. We are also gonna lose some great seniors. They have each played a big role for our team. Next year we will be going even farther. I know they can do it. I hope our new recruits can help us get to be #1 in the country.

I don't know about you guys but, I would probably never be able to do what they do. Sure some are born with hockey in their blood, but they still had to work at it.

Times when it seemed impossible to win, they pulled it off and won the game.

I am always proud to say that my favorite team is the Fighting Sioux hockey team. No matter if they are winning or losing. No matter what anyone says about them - to me, they are the best. :)

Hey MeMe, that's EXACTLY how I feel. Yah, they have had soem bad games but overall, they have done great. When the sophmores now are seniors, I think we'll have a very very good chance of winning the NCAA 'ship!! ;)

I'm tempted not to post a negative comment in an inherently positive thread. But 14 hours after a loss is not nearly enough time for me to cool off and sit this out. So...at risk of being a wet blanket, here goes nothing:

I love the enthusiasm, but I just can't join you right now. The final standings were not horrible for the Sioux, but faltering down the stretch leaves a real bad taste in my mouth. I honestly feel this Sioux team is the 3rd most talented team in the league and that they slightly underachieved this year. I'm not used to Sioux teams underachieving. I'm hoping for the best next year, but keep in mind that there are a lot of young teams in the WCHA...so things will not automatically go better in years to come.

But...as always...once the sting of a loss starts to wear off...my optimism will come around and I'll be completely jacked for the beginning of next season. :)

...and of course we need to remember that the season is not quite over yet. ;)

The final standings were not horrible for the Sioux, but faltering down the stretch leaves a real bad taste in my mouth.

I hope they can set that "taste" aside and close the season in the manner that I would choose. :)

No matter how they close the season, however, I hope they use that "taste" over the summer as a motivator to make things right next year.

Adversity happens. I'm interested in seeing how it is responded to.

I think the Sioux overacheived this year. I picked them to finish 5th in the WCHA...primarily because of their lack of Junior/Senior leadership. Getting an NCAA bid would be more than I expected.

Sure, the way they finished out the last half of the season wasn't thrilling, but I'll take it. Next year, with a great set of Sophomores/Juniors as the core, playoff experience under their belt, and surely more sound goaltending, these guys will make a serious run.

AND they're not done with this year yet!

I don't base my underachieving opinion on pre-season predictions. I base my opinion on the talent levels I've seen from the teams this year. Arguing the Sioux overachieved this year would be conceding that Mankato, Duluth, Denver, and St. Cloud have more talent than the Sioux. I firmly believe those teams do not have more talent than the Sioux. That's my basis for the underachieving comment.

Actually, underachieving is not exactly the word I'm looking for. The team played hard every game I watched this year and often outplayed their opponent. But for one reason or another, they just couldn't get the job done. I'm used to Sioux teams that maybe didn't have the most talent, but found ways to win nonetheless.

And I agree...the season is not over. Come Sunday, I hope to have a reason to get pumped up again and put the end-of-the-season analysis on hold. :)