SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota PRIDE

#1Hakfan

Isnt it great being a Fighting Sioux fan. As a fan I am so proud of our teams year in and year out. From the great leadership of the coaching staff the players devlope so much Pride and respect for the program. Every year the teams are nothing but 1st class. You never see Sioux players diving to draw penalties, running the goalie or best player on the other teams to knock them out of the game. The Sioux tradition has always been to play old time hockey, a very physical and fast tempo with lots of offense. Beat the hell out of them until they quit. I think thats why when you here hockey guys like Barry Melrose and Pierre McGuire talk college hockey they have some much respect for the Sioux teams every year. I especially love when our guys score they dont do excessive celabrations because its not about them, they are more team orientated then most. It is fun to read comments from other players and coaches like Doug Woog recently talked about how Sioux players always wear their heart on their sleves. It fun to here the players talk about how they are playing for the program and how proud and honored they part of the tradition . Its so cool to see what a family atmosphere the teams have and to see all the brother connections and even father son connections that play for the Sioux. I love how passionate the Sioux fan is because it is the #1 sports team in our town and State. Its always on the front page. Sioux fans will show this week that we will have the biggest following of fans at Denver because we always do no matter where we play weather its in Worchester, Albany NY, Providence or Syberia the fans will follow.

I just wanted to wish the team the best of luck and say thanks you for all the great memories over the years. Its been nothing but 1st class run organization. Its really awesome to see how these students athletes grow and become better people in life as well. A great example of that is following Prpich and how he became a fan favorite and in return how passionate he became towards the program and its fans. To see great people like Eric Fabian, Chris Porter, Brian Lee, TJ Oshie, and Jonny Toews and so on. There all just such great people. I here how guys like Prph, Matt Greene, Zach Parise, Ed Belfour, Dave Tippett, Jason Blake, Dixon Ward, Brad Bombadeir, Mike Commodore (to name just a few), but I here how dedicated they still are to the program and they will still do anything if their asked. I suppose you should throw Ralph Engelstad on that list too. This is such a special program and its great being a fan and getting to follow it every year.

Anyways thanks again and best of luck in the future.

and GO SIOUX

You forgot to add how great it is that we have such a great site to go to such as SiouxSports.com, to discuss our beloved Sioux sports, whether we're in Grand Forks; fighting the war in Iraq; or living sporadically throughout the world. No matter how far away we get from GF, we can always just come here and talk Sioux Sports! Thanks Jim!

You forgot to add how great it is that we have such a great site to go to such as SiouxSports.com, to discuss our beloved Sioux sports, whether we're in Grand Forks; fighting the war in Iraq; or living sporadically throughout the world. No matter how far away we get from GF, we can always just come here and talk Sioux Sports! Thanks Jim!

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Without a doubt, we are lucky Sioux fans!!! :blush: