SiouxSports.com Forum

A little OT: Best Visiting fans at REA this year...

Big A HG

I was just thinking, and figuring we could show a bit of respect to some of the visiting fans this year. Who, in your mind, showed the best enthusiasm as visiting fans this year at The Ralph? Any that stuck out in your mind?

I was just thinking about this, especially since we didn't play the Goofers at home this year. I also remembering once arguing about this with some friends in a different sport, so I figured I'd ask you guys about this year for opposing fans of the Sioux.

I know this is off subject but if your really starved for hockey: Im playing at the ralph tonight at 7:15 for the championship game for the Larimore Hockey Association.

Oh I think wisconsin had the most support this year.

I am as sure to be there for your game as I am that the Bison had the best fan support at The Ralph this season :angry:

I was just thinking, and figuring we could show a bit of respect to some of the visiting fans this year. Who, in your mind, showed the best enthusiasm as visiting fans this year at The Ralph? Any that stuck out in your mind?

I was just thinking about this, especially since we didn't play the Goofers at home this year. I also remembering once arguing about this with some friends in a different sport, so I figured I'd ask you guys about this year for opposing fans of the Sioux.

Bemidji State had many great fans at their game.

I'm not sure about best but I met one Wisconsin fan that was the most creatively dressed. Red & White striped bib overalls with a Badger logo. My wife thought they were the ugliest things she'd ever seen, I wanted to know if I could find some in green & white. :angry:

I'm not sure about best but I met one Wisconsin fan that was the most creatively dressed. Red & White striped bib overalls with a Badger logo. My wife thought they were the ugliest things she'd ever seen, I wanted to know if I could find some in green & white. :angry:

4 Below,

Back in May '06 I contacted the Ralph for green and white bibs. The company (Game Bibs) did not carry those colors. But hey hey hey, look at this, looks like they started making Green and White.

Contact the Ralph and see where they stand!

Best Visiting Fans of the Year? 2007. That's easy.

1. The fans of the Holy Cross Crusaders. They purtneer brought the roof of The Ralph down in March.

2. The fans of the Gophers. Their squealing tires out of the parking lot the night that

their boys took their well-deserved licking probably saved

the Ralph a good number of dollars because sealcoating the parking lot could be put

on hold for a few years what with all the burnt rubber that was left that night.

If the question was directed more at the season still in play, my vote goes to

the Michigan Tech Huskies. Anyone willing to road trip that distance, in those conditions,

while a beat down was likely expected, have got to be faithful and rabid fans.

Their perserverence was rewarded with the sweep that propelled the Sioux

into the second half and beyond.

I am an idiot. The Holy Cross and Gopher fans were showing their colors LAST year, not this year.

It only seems like yesterday to me. Now, a new tournament hunt. That was then, this is now.

It really is too bad that the league did not schedule the Gophers and their back at The Ralph this season.

Their trauma would have been overwhelming.

4 Below,

Back in May '06 I contacted the Ralph for green and white bibs. The company (Game Bibs) did not carry those colors. But hey hey hey, look at this, looks like they started making Green and White.

Contact the Ralph and see where they stand!

Nice! I'll get off my duff and contact them.

The Maine fans are always a good group of people.... Respectful for the most part, and friendly too...

So my vote goes to the Black Bears fans!

I agree. The Maine fans have all been classy that I talked to. Even after we got dumped by BC in the F4, the Maine fans were respectful to us and gave us congrats on a good year and good run.

Bud Light Man from Mankato gets my vote for the best visiting fan this year!! He even drank the Coors Light and took it like the true super hero he is!!!

I agree. The Maine fans have all been classy that I talked to. Even after we got dumped by BC in the F4, the Maine fans were respectful to us and gave us congrats on a good year and good run.

Bud Light Man from Mankato gets my vote for the best visiting fan this year!! He even drank the Coors Light and took it like the true super hero he is!!!

I agree - Maine fans are basically Sioux Hockey east.

I joined their pep-rally last year in Milwaukee at the bar their alumni gathered in before their game with the Badgers. Walked in off the street in my Sioux shirt and had about 10 immediately come over to talk about our program/arena etc.