SiouxSports.com Forum

Final Five Saturday Pre-Game Breakfast

MafiaMan

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this will stir the oats a bit, but is there any chance you could do it somewhere a little closer to downtown St. Paul for those of us who have a wife who have to drive us to St. Paul that morning to watch the game and they have to watch the kids all day only to join them later in the evening for St. Patricks Day and will want to know why I am having her drop me off WAY north of downtown St. Paul where I have convinced here I need to go and EARLY!!! :angry:

If willing to consider it, I would propose something alone the lines of:

Champps St. Paul

Phone: 651-698-5050

Fax: 651-698-3393

2401 W. 7th St.

St. Paul, MN 55116

It is still on W. 7th St. (i.e. same street as McGovern's, Tom Reid's, Mancini's, The Liffey and everything else around the X) albeit some 3 or 4 miles to the West of the X. However, it is a sports bar and is open (I would assume) at or around 11 and would still be within ear shot of the X for those who want to really get - for lack of a better word - prepared for the games.

Thoughts?

Just a follow-up on this...my mapquest directions tell me that Champps on W 7th is 5.66 miles from my parking lot (3 blocks east of the X) while the Hoggsbreath is 5.99 miles from my parking lot.

Just a follow-up on this...my mapquest directions tell me that Champps on W 7th is 5.66 miles from my parking lot (3 blocks east of the X) while the Hoggsbreath is 5.99 miles from my parking lot.

Using 21.35 MPH as an average speed in St. Paul that means Champps will entitle you to 1.08 minutes (64.8 seconds) more for beer drinking. Maybe you should pick them up at 10:42.50 to account for the 2.16 minutes of missing beer time (of course you'll have to eat 1.08 minutes sooner then planned to enable you to leave 1.08 minutes early for this plan to work as designed).

One more thing, the restaurant/bar in the Holiday Inn should henceforth be referred to as "The Biffy". No, there is no particular reason, other then it is just the name we have used since the remodeling and that I believe

While I'm assuming at some point this weekend that Drinkinwiththedogs will have her head in the Liffey biffy, let's stick with the Hoggsbreath for breakfast on Saturday.

The offer still stands for those out-of-towners who would prefer that I pick them up en-route to the Hoggsbreath...as long as it's somewhere in the path from Bloomington to Little Canada.

While I'm assuming at some point this weekend that Drinkinwiththedogs will have her head in the Liffey biffy, let's stick with the Hoggsbreath for breakfast on Saturday.

The offer still stands for those out-of-towners who would prefer that I pick them up en-route to the Hoggsbreath...as long as it's somewhere in the path from Bloomington to Little Canada.

Thanks, two for MM ride to Hoggsbreath.

I snorted when I read that.....

Are they going to serve almonds with the eggs at breakfast?

You know I am!!! The bitchy, obnoxious, hot friend! :angry:

I called the Hoggsbreath kitchen and for a small extra fee, they agreed to have almonds..... on the side!!!! ;)

You know I am!!! The bitchy, obnoxious, hot friend! :angry:

I called the Hoggsbreath kitchen and for a small extra fee, they agreed to have almonds..... on the side!!!! ;)

I prefer them mixed in......and hopefully this time I won't notice them until I have swallowed a couple so that everyone gets a free meal, and not just me.

I prefer them mixed in......and hopefully this time I won't notice them until I have swallowed a couple so that everyone gets a free meal, and not just me.

AND you'll leave a tip for the 'reaction'!! :angry:

If I bring the epinephrine, will you join us at Hoggsbreath?!?

AND you'll leave a tip for the 'reaction'!! :angry:

If I bring the epinephrine, will you join us at Hoggsbreath?!?

I would prefer Siouxmama's trach to an Epi-Pen......

Right now, the plan is to take in the St. Patty's Day parade at noon, so I don't think we'll be able to do the breakfast. I would like to, though.

Mafia Man - Thanks for setting this up. For those who didn't make it, we had a great time. And, because of a computer mix up, we got to eat for free.

Also, the Holy Cross jersey reunion on Friday night was great. Many of the jerseys showed up for a pre-game picture. Sioux-cia lit up the night, first by marching all of the way around the arena with the UM band while sporting her Holy Cross jersey. She got a lot of you're number one salutes from Gopher fans. Then, during Dance Mania the camera focused on her for the longest time bringing a nice cheer from the crowd. Then to top it off, the Gopher fan next to my wife says: "What does CH stand for?" She wasn't quite so pleased when "HC" was explained to her.

Lots of great memories, even though the Sioux lost. Thanks to all of the SiouxSports posters that we met during the tournament. Nice to put a face to the names.

Then, during Dance Mania the camera focused on her for the longest time bringing a nice cheer from the crowd

Definitely cool to see all the Holy Cross jerseys together! I'll post a picture when I get home tonight. My mom's husband said I was on tv with my Holy Cross jersey, about 10 sheets to the wind! If anyone taped the game I'd like to see it!

How could I forget! I was on tv with the stunning RWD, Sioux fan at heart! Very cool to show up and realize you were sitting a row in front of me!

You were both very stunning, though it is hard not to be in such a beautiful jersey. :D Nice to meet you Forecheck, good to see you again RWtD. Condolences on the loss of your two sophs.

Thanks to Siouxman (and Mrs Siouxman), Keikla, Siouxmama, Sioux-cia, and YaneA for joining me for breakfast at the Hoggsbreath. An allergic reaction to almonds wasn't needed...thanks to some unusally slow service, our meals were free.

Siouxman, Mrs. Siouxman, Keikla...nice meeting all of you.

Sioux-cia and YaneA...nice seeing you again.

Siouxmama...nice meeting you...and thank you for assisting me with the Mike Commodore bobblehead purchase.

GO SIOUX!