SiouxSports.com Forum

USCHO snubbing the Sioux?

larsensa

Has anyone else noticed that USCHO doesn't seem to make much of the Sioux? We aren't even mentioned as the first team to advance in the WCHA in the same post ,First Time for Everything, that mentions that Wisconsin kept its hopes alive,etc.... It seems like USCHO has snubbed the Sioux many times this season. It ticks me off because I think this Sioux team has been pretty amazing in the way they turned things around in the second half. Anyone else have an opinion about this?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

USCHO is an east coast site. The west for them consists of Minnesota. In regards to not even mentioning North Dakota today, it's not that big of a story. North Dakota was expected to eliminate Mankato, and we did that. DU getting swept at home is bigger news. I could really care less about USCHO. This site provides me with great info.

who cares, lets stay under the radar if possible..everyone knows who the team to beat is and thats the sioux....#8 here we come

I just think they have deserved more praise then they have been given by USCHO. I know what you are saying about staying under the radar. I guess they will get the praise if we bring home #8? I am hoping I get to make a trip down to St. Lewy to celebrate! :lol:

I am talking more about front page news PCM. Your articles have been great.

Has anyone noticed how USCHO has yet to proclaim that the Hobey Baker Memorial Award should be renamed after Ryan Duncan? Does anyone else feel that this is an obvious snub against the Sioux? How about the fact that in his four year career Scott Foyt was never named the PotW? Freaking mass conspiracy I tell you. I blame Lucia and East Coast Bias.

Has anyone noticed how USCHO has yet to proclaim that the Hobey Baker Memorial Award should be renamed after Ryan Duncan? Does anyone else feel that this is an obvious snub against the Sioux? How about the fact that in his four year career Scott Foyt was never named the PotW? Freaking mass conspiracy I tell you. I blame Lucia and East Coast Bias.

YEAH, WHAT A BUNCH OF CHUMPS :lol:

7fgHjnh7d3.jpg

Hence, your theory is wrong.

Be nice to Siouxdonyms as we all know that USCHO is an affillate site with ESPN and ESPN - if they so choose - could easily tell USCHO what stories they "should" be covering which may or may not result in an over-coverage of all things east coast. :lol:

USCHO was an ESPN affiliate until two or three years ago. Now they're a CSTV affiliate.

I just checked the affillate list of ESPN.com and USCHO is not there. I feel much shame. PCM, as always *** and as UNDLAW looks for his wakizashi sword or a tantō knife to commit Harikari*** you were right. BANZAI!!!

I don't know that we're being snubbed, but I always find their coverage a bit goofy. Plus I think they do give extra coverage to the Boston Schools and the Gophers, but that's just business.

What I thought was goofy is that when the Sioux are on top, (not in recent years of course) they don't give much coverage to them at all. I would think that prime coverage would go to top teams, but they seem to just sling it around (except Boston and UMTC).

Just my impressions and it doesn't matter what teams they feature on the front page.

I still think PCM should have been Sweeney's color commentator last night!

Believe it or not, Sweeney asked me before he asked Matt Watkins. :lol:

But because I was covering the game for the Associated Press and USCHO, I had to decline. Besides, Matt had his suit on and was ready for the role. There also no way I can compete with him in the youthful good looks department. :lol:

But because I was covering the game for the Associated Press and USCHO, I had to decline. Besides, Matt had his suit on and was ready for the role. There also no way I can compete with him in the youthful good looks department. :D

I refuse to believe that the people wouldn't want to hear all about your stories from The Great War.

I don't know that we're being snubbed, but I always find their coverage a bit goofy.

USCHO is just like any other news organization. They make decisions about what they're going to emphasize. Not everyone agrees with those decisions because they can't please everyone all the time. I don't always agree with their editorial decisions, either, but I also realize that the site isn't designed just to please me.

The USCHO management knows that Sioux fans account for a large percentage of visits to their Web site. The idea that USCHO goes out of its way to snub UND is, therefore, quite ridiculous. They're smart enough to not bite the hand that feeds them.