SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux name change?

nodak hockey fanatic

I'm not sure if this is the spot for the topic so I apoligize if it has been talked about elsewhere, but the past couple of years, the Sioux have really been pushing this force of the north theme, like during the pregame highlights and lineups. I am wondering if this is the schools way of slowly transitioning us into a name change. Now I don't think they will let the NC$$ force our hand, so I think the lawsuit will be carried out, with the school's representitives fighting every inch of the way. But after we win the lawsuit, can you see them changing the name on their own terms... possibly the UND Force? It's not as good as the Sioux, nothing will be, but an acceptable alternative. It's possible I have way too much time on my hands and am way off, just wondering what all my fellow hockey nuts think. Oh, and go Fighting Sioux!! :)

Guess I should have looked down further to see an entire section dedicated to this topic. :) Guess I don't have as much time on my hands as I thought, at least not as much as some of you who apparently wait for topics to be rediscussed so you can throw out your daily rebuttal and a quick link to the last discussion, in which you also made some groundbreaking revelations. Thanks for the help ;) I'll try not to let it happen again (Am I on double secret probation now with Riley Nash?)