SiouxSports.com Forum

New car dealerships

proudsioux

Being an employee of a dealership anyone can see msrp on the sticker on the vehicle. The price you get on your trade now thats another story. If your a dealership in a small area such as Grand Forks policies such as these won't keep you in business very long. Lithia auto group is very large(over 100 dealers) but most of thier dealers are in large cities not rural areas.

Everyone should ask to see the invoice for the vehicle. Then you shouldn't pay more than $1000 over that. The MSRP is about 3 to 4 grand above the invoice price on average. Most dealerships will make up their profits thru office charges on the paperwork and the profit from the trade-in sale.

Plus, they get a kick-back of 1.5 to 2% from the supplier (Ford, GM, etc.) on new vehicles after the sale. So, even if they sell for "cost" they will make about 2% on the sale.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, just waited four days for a common part for my car. One of the local jobbers had in stock. Not real happy with Lithia.

Also seems IMHO, a few employees are jumping ship. I would say the old "Chrysler Center" and their 5 star rating didn't carry over to the new ownership. :lol:

I didn't think the Dodge/Chrysler/Toyota Lithia was 5 star to start with (before becoming Lithia). I had a small oil leak that I got fixed under warranty. They didn't give me any crap about supplying me with a rental vehicle so that was good. I had to wait a few days for the part but considering it is a pretty new vehicle I wasn't surprised. If the car isn't under warranty I recommend Olson's Auto (who was suggested to me by some coworkers). I took the wife's car there for a new intake manifold after I blew it up and they were extremely friendly and reasonable.

Aaron

The cost of automobiles is very high in Grand Forks. Although I bought a new car last year in my wonderful country of New England, I went around town comparing prices. Grand Forks is outrageous on it's automobile numbers. How could they possibly attempt to sell cars for so much money. You're probably better off going to a smaller town from what locals tell me. Although, I won't need to since I am driving a new car for now.

The cost of automobiles is very high in Grand Forks. Although I bought a new car last year in my wonderful country of New England, I went around town comparing prices. Grand Forks is outrageous on it's automobile numbers. How could they possibly attempt to sell cars for so much money. You're probably better off going to a smaller town from what locals tell me. Although, I won't need to since I am driving a new car for now.

Thats what I did.