SiouxSports.com Forum

World Jrs

YaneA

I've never been to the Ralph - how are upstairs seats?

I have sat all over in the arena for different events (my favorite was center ice for Kenny Chesney ??? ) I can honestly say that even in "nosebleed" upper sections the seats were all good. I was in upper 303 for a couple games and even those seats weren't bad. Might want to purchase now, if all else fails if you run into a better deal for lower bowl tickets later you'll still be able to sell your upper bowl tickets.

Might want to purchase now, if all else fails if you run into a better deal for lower bowl tickets later you'll still be able to sell your upper bowl tickets.

Good point.

Any suggestions on cheap lodgings preferably in walking distance of the Ralph (I don't drive, but I am a New Yorker so my general definition of walking distance is a bit longer than the average person's)? I guess I should try to book that now as well.

thanks,

-Melissa

Just checked the WJ ticket site. According to the diagram, the entire lower bowl is sold out. Gotta wonder what's gonna be left for the general public who can't buy until Friday.

Selling out to mostly FSC members is good for ticket revenue I'm sure, but I can't help but wonder how that will affect the overall economic impact. I would think less tickets available to "the world" will mean less revenue for hotels, restaurants, etc. I would also think that this would have an effect on attendence for the "less popular" games. I am NOT complaining about the opportunity to purchase tickets I am grateful. I am just wondering if the event will turn out to be a disappointment to the region from an economic standpoint. Hopefully I am overlooking something or just being naturally pessimistic.

my $.02

Any suggestions on cheap lodgings preferably in walking distance of the Ralph (I don't drive, but I am a New Yorker so my general definition of walking distance is a bit longer than the average person's)?

As former DC resident who didn't own a car, I feel compelled to mention that walking in G.F. in December isn't like walking in NYC. It's almost guaranteed to be below zero at some point.

In this thread, forecheck mentioned a few of the hotels closest to the Ralph. You could probably use Mapquest to determine actual distances from REA. As usual, other people may have better advice -- I haven't lived in G.F. in years.

Thanks. It's been below here in the city especially by my office this winter so I can cope (unhappily).

Unfortunately, my father called while I was checking out info and pulled out his age, depression and other complaints as why I'd better not shorten a Christmas visit. Thinking about it 11 days is way too long even without the necessary trip home for Christmas ahead of time esp. since I have 2 cats. The hotel packages are for the full time period and it would probably be very difficult getting a room for less than that. I think I'll have to postpone the WJC experience a while longer.

However, I see that Boston College is visiting Grand Forks 10/17-18/03 which might be a good opportunity to see the Ralph and ND. How impossible would those tickets be? BC only sells their road tickets to their season ticketholders.

very disappointed, but better to be realistic now rather than after putting down non-refundable $$s,

-Melissa

Melissa, you'd probably be able to buy BC tickets when extra tickets go on sale next season, I'm thinking in September. Otherwise it's probably a given that there will be extra student tickets left over, and you can call REA on the Thursday morning before the series at 10:00 and buy the leftovers. You could actually get better seats that way too, if you get there early enough to grab a first come first serve seat.

Hmmm, I'm starting to think I could make some money renting out a room during the WJT. How much is the going rate for hotels? ???