SiouxSports.com Forum

New RPI details pages

jimdahl

This is definitely one of those things likely to be appreciated by about 15 people total... if you understand everything on the RPI page but are frustrated by the lack of detail <ahttp://forum.siouxsports.com/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png' alt=':D'>, the new RPI details pages (ex. UND page) are for you.

Prompted by the changes in selection criteria, these updates better show how the RPI is calculated and how it's likely to change.

A more thorough, though rambling, explanation is here.

Those pages look great Jim. This just another piece that makes this sight the premier PWR analysis site on the net.

I think the Sioux need to win minimally 10/16 and first round WCHA playoff series win to give them a shot at the tourney.

How many do the Evil Red Menace need to win, in your opinion?

How many do the Evil Red Menace need to win, in your opinion?

UW is actually in worse shape in RPI than UND. That doesn't always translate to PWR, but often it does. UND winning 10/16 projects to what would now be 0.5408. UW winning 10/16 only gets them to 0.5350. These RPI results aren't set in stone, but I'd rather be in UND's spot than UW's.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm actually also still running the old RPI formula against this season and wrote a short post outlining the differences. Bottom line -- Wisconsin and other teams with tough conference schedules are being penalized (relative to the old formula) for scheduling tough competition.

Pointing out a useful feature of the details pages, North Dakota needs to win 5-6 of the remaining 8 games to keep its RPI steady given the strength of its remaining opponents.

I'm actually also still running the old RPI formula against this season and wrote a short post outlining the differences. Bottom line -- Wisconsin and other teams with tough conference schedules are being penalized (relative to the old formula) for scheduling tough competition.

Point out a useful feature of the details pages, North Dakota needs to win 5-6 of the remaining games to keep its RPI steady given the strength of its remaining opponents.

Well our games at home are all winnable. Still we finish up the year going on the road to Denver and then St Cloud. A split against either of those teams would be a good weekend.