SiouxSports.com Forum

Goalie Helmets

WiSioux

I saw this article in the Madison newspaper yesterday and thought it was pretty cool. It would be neat to see pictures of our goalie's helmets and hear the stories behind them as well.

Masking No Fear

You can just read the article, if you want to see the pictures, click on "Virtual newspaper edition available" at the top of the page and then in the window that pops up click on "proceed to requested story"

Quick Question:

A few weeks ago a friend and I were having a debate over the goalie masks in college hockey. He thinks the school will cover the cost of the painting, I think that the school will cover the cost of the helmet but not the painting, and that the student has to pay for that himself. Anyone know the rules on this?

Quick Question:

A few weeks ago a friend and I were having a debate over the goalie masks in college hockey. He thinks the school will cover the cost of the painting, I think that the school will cover the cost of the helmet but not the painting, and that the student has to pay for that himself. Anyone know the rules on this?

I'm not sure about that one... but I do remember that last year Phil broke his helmet, or it was somehow broken, and so the second half the season he simply had a black one because it was "too expensive" (I believe is the reason I heard) to get a new paint job.

Quick Question:

from what i have heard the school does not pay for the painting. i think i asked jake brandt about this once and he said he had to pay for it. the helmets are provided i believe as all the other players get helmets...

I'm sure alot of people knew this already, but JPar kept the same helmet he had at UND when he went off to Lowell. I would assume it would have been too expensive to get a new paint job.

im sure he can afford a new helmet if he actually wanted one. he probably just likes it.......

• 2 months later...

DIGGLERS favorite mask, i like it too :lol:

w95w4535.jpg

Clark also has the Hollywood sign on the top of his helmet.

"It'd kind of my smart-ass side," Clark said. "I like to be an idiot sometimes. The Hollywood thing