SiouxSports.com Forum

Jason Stadstad

Siouxmama

Thought this deserved it's own thread.

The GF Herald reports that Jason Stadstad, 19, Manvel, ND passed away Sunday night after a 3 year battle with cancer. He had graduated from GF Central and played hockey for the Knights.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Jasons family and friends.

It is a sad day.

I saw the story on the front page of the Herald this morning. Very sad news. My son went to school with Jason and was pulling for him all the way. My heart goes out to Jason's family and all his friends and relatives. He proved himself a very special person during his all-too-short life.

Yes, Jason is the same person the REA did a fundraiser for. He was a huge Sioux fan and loved the game of hockey. Not only did he play for the Central Knights his senior year, even though he had a permanent shunt in his head, but he also coached the Supras team. He will be missed by not only Knights fans, but also Roughrider fans. Red River students and hockey players were just as important to him as were Central Students. I guess God needed a forward on his team and Jason was called up. JLS19