SiouxSports.com Forum

What would the team be like with the NHLers

JESUS,family,rutgers

I think UND would be unstoppable if they had Smaby, Stafford, and Zajac. Seems to me the problems are:

1) Offense--having a hard time scoring. Stafford and Zajac would certainly would afford UND 2 legitimate scoring lines.

2.) Defense--From the sounds of things the defense is plainly putrid but I would think that Smaby would certainly add another dimension to shore up the defense.

So if you add these guys back into the mix, yeah UND would be a force. But what if the Gophers had Kessel, Potulny, and Irmen??? or Wisconsin had Pavelski & Earl?

Unforuatley the upper echelon teams will continue to attract the big name kids but will also lose them to the NHL sooner. Which I think makes the duties of the coaches even more difficult

I think UND would be unstoppable if they had Smaby, Stafford, and Zajac. Seems to me the problems are:

1) Offense--having a hard time scoring. Stafford and Zajac would certainly would afford UND 2 legitimate scoring lines.

2.) Defense--From the sounds of things the defense is plainly putrid but I would think that Smaby would certainly add another dimension to shore up the defense.

So if you add these guys back into the mix, yeah UND would be a force. But what if the Gophers had Kessel, Potulny, and Irmen??? or Wisconsin had Pavelski & Earl?

Unforuatley the upper echelon teams will continue to attract the big name kids but will also lose them to the NHL sooner. Which I think makes the duties of the coaches even more difficult

Well said...unfortunitly some teams take the defections better then the others.

Can you imagine the Gophs with these forward combo's...

Irmen-Potulny-Okposo

Wheeler-Kessel-Hirsch

Stoa-Mueller-Bariball

Gordon-Carman-Bostrom

siiiiiiiiiick

Well said...unfortunitly some teams take the defections better then the others.

Can you imagine the Gophs with these forward combo's...

Irmen-Potulny-Okposo

Wheeler-Kessel-Hirsch

Stoa-Mueller-Bariball

Gordon-Carman-Bostrom

siiiiiiiiiick

No, because Bariball was only brought in early because Kessel left, so Bariball wouldn't have been with the Gophers this year if Kessel had stayed. :)