SiouxSports.com Forum

From a Gopher fan to the Sioux fans...

cujo2

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after this weekend i have concluded the phil is not the answer at this point so far. simple. he has been given the shot to play every weekend and it hasnt worked out. he had a minor injury this year yes, but hes back and we just got swept at home AGAIN by a average sconnie team. does this mean not play phil?? not sure, we are not scoring to much either but we need a goalie to win some games on his own every once in a while. lets hope that he can get his sh#t together because it would really help out a sioux team that is lighting it up offensively on a consistent basis. if he doesnt then use grieco i guess or go find a big time recruit, i know sounds simple :glare: i am not giving up on the sioux AT ALL. we have the talent and i do think we will turn it around but we will need some help between the pipes as well.

I don't think phil played poorly on saturday at all. letting in 3 goals against Wisc is rarely going to get it done but he just doesn't have a ton of help and wisc. has enough fire power to capitilize when givin good oppurtunities. Skille, Carlson, joudrey, geoffrion , and I think gorowsky has the skill to become a big time player.

With that said I agree Phil has to step up and steal a game here or there. I think he can do because he is that talented. I say let him heal up over the break (I just don't think he is 100%), after a few games if he hasn't improved I'd be all for shutting him down.

I'd say pull the plug on him now but as bad as phil has played it was still better than what I saw out of Greico.