SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux vs Badgers

Sioux-cia

It wouldn't matter how they play until we start getting solid goaltending.

True. Lammy is anything but solid. That doesn't excuse poor play from the defense though either. Collectively, this team is underachieving. Lot's of talk about the superstars and where they were drafted but the only guy I see out there playing with any gusto is Duncan.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True on the last one but he should have stopped the previous two.

The 2nd one, totally agree. WEAKEST goal of the year. 3rd one, debatable. Should have never made it as Skille was hooking on the other end, however, if I remember it was a 3 on 2 or something like that. However, goalie should make the first stop on that one.

Goaltending is not the major problem. Our defense is simply terrible. Giving up a 3-1 and then Lee just being plain lazy on clearing the puck. Goals 3 and 4 cannot be blamed on the goalie.

Wisconsin getting 4 goals by the end of the second. They rarely score that many in a weekend series. Sorry effort so far. Let's see what they can do in the 3rd.

ROBBIE......................

Yea, I'll give you Bina too. He's playing good aggressive hockey. He's not part of the young guns though that are supposed to be difference makers. Toews, Oshie and Lee are and none of them are playing anywhere near as good as they should be.

When you mention that though people will tell you how well their vision is, or how well they set up plays, or how well they play away from the puck.... yada, yada, yada. We can talk about it all day. Where is it?

The 2nd one, totally agree. WEAKEST goal of the year. 3rd one, debatable. Should have never made it as Skille was hooking on the other end, however, if I remember it was a 3 on 2 or something like that. However, goalie should make the first stop on that one.

Just watched the replay on the 3rd goal. It was a 3 on 1 and Dowell sniped the top right corner of the net. No chance for Lammy. That one wasn't his fault either. Still see hooking on Skille though which set up that play.

The boys look like they are skating in mud. They need to have a fire lit under their behinds. Phil could be better, but team D could be a LOT better.

Yeah, our defense is lacking. I wish we had someone from the 'old school' to teach them how to be MEAN!!!!

Goaltending is not the major problem. Our defense is simply terrible. Giving up a 3-1 and then Lee just being plain lazy on clearing the puck. Goals 3 and 4 cannot be blamed on the goalie.

Wisconsin getting 4 goals by the end of the second. They rarely score that many in a weekend series. Sorry effort so far. Let's see what they can do in the 3rd.

Would the shot for the third goal have got by Elliot, Zaba or Goepfort. I say not but they aren't on their knees when a player shoots from the outside top of the circle either. They also play a little further out in their paint too.

Would the shot for the third goal have got by Elliot, Zaba or Goepfort. I say not but they aren't on their knees when a player shoots from the outside top of the circle either. They also play a little further out in their paint too.

Lammy had to play the 3rd goal knowing that Dowell had two other guys to pass too. It was a nice shot. The problem was more the fact that Dowell went end to end and wound up with a three on one. How does that happen?? This is simply not a good defensive hockey team right now.

Lammy had to play the 3rd goal knowing that Dowell had two other guys to pass too. It was a nice shot. The problem was more the fact that Dowell went end to end and wound up with a three on one. How does that happen?? This is simply not a good defensive hockey team right now.

The defenseman should take away the passing lane for at least the far side skater, leaving the only options either shoot or pass to high skater. Lammy should be focused on the puck.

His job was to worry about stopping that first shot. Plain and simple. Obviously the coaches saw what I did.