SiouxSports.com Forum

2006-2007 ND High School Hockey

Your right, we should never bring Russel Crary up again. He is obviously a horrible hockey player if he went one game without a goal. I mean he only had 13 points, or somthing of that nature, in his first 4 games as a varsity hockey player. I suggest that if you never want to see his name again, you never look on this board again because I can forsee him being a highly talked about player as the year goes on.

On a different note, I had heard that Cody Mishleau had concisdered quitting but had not heard that he actually did. If this is true, you can add him to the list of classless pussies that think they are too good for the team they are on. Some of you may say im being a little harsh calling them that, but its all they deserve. I dont care how much you hate the coach or how bad your team is, when you are an upperclassman on a young team you are looked up to. What kind of message is it sending to the younger kids about the importance of dedication. These kids are not only playing for themselves, but for their school, and city...I am embarassed to say that I know both of them. I wish Coach Bina and the rest of the kids on Central who decide to stick it out the best with the rest of the season.

Is this a message board where mature adults come to talk about high school hockey or is this a place where immature high school hockey players come to degrade other players in the state? If the reason for these players quitting are because they feel they are too good for the team, I agree that is very classless. Sometimes players feel the need to quit the team for personal reasons (commitment) and in that event if they do not love or enjoying their time on the ice, I have no problem with them hanging up the skates. I am not going to come on here and bash a kid for quitting because he would rather hang out with his buddies after school instead of playing hockey. That's his choice, and if that's what he wants to do good for him. If that is not the case and these players enjoy hockey and are quitting for reasons like they feel they are too good for team, the coach, or playing time then I believe it's time for these kids to do some soul searching and realize you are not God's gift to hockey and you should probably stop acting like it.

Note: Arguments are inevitible and are half the fun of these message boards. However, if the content and language use can be kept civil it enhances the expierance that much more and makes it more enjoyable for everyone. Thanks.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hows about you get that ol' chip off your shoulder and realize that Russel Crary is an outstanding athlete. So he didnt score during one game, then again nobody else scored in that game besides Eric Meland. I gaurentee Crary keeps his points going, and will light it up against what ever team you root for.

Russel, let your actions speak for you.

Is this a message board where mature adults come to talk about high school hockey or is this a place where immature high school hockey players come to degrade other players in the state? If the reason for these players quitting are because they feel they are too good for the team, I agree that is very classless. Sometimes players feel the need to quit the team for personal reasons (commitment) and in that event if they do not love or enjoying their time on the ice, I have no problem with them hanging up the skates. I am not going to come on here and bash a kid for quitting because he would rather hang out with his buddies after school instead of playing hockey. That's his choice, and if that's what he wants to do good for him. If that is not the case and these players enjoy hockey and are quitting for reasons like they feel they are too good for team, the coach, or playing time then I believe it's time for these kids to do some soul searching and realize you are not God's gift to hockey and you should probably stop acting like it.

Note: Arguments are inevitible and are half the fun of these message boards. However, if the content and language use can be kept civil it enhances the expierance that much more and makes it more enjoyable for everyone. Thanks.

This thread is starting to look like the hockey section on the nd high school mb. Sometimes after reading the hockey discussion (or trash) over there you feel like putting your head through a wall.

I agree that these kids should quit if there was some sort of major personal problem, but i highly doubt there is. It is the outcome of them becoming frustrated with the coach and even moreso a team that that has sturggled to win. I also agree with the fact that they should not play if they are no longer having fun, but you cant tell me their whole outlook on hockey changed in the 4 weeks the season has been going. If they are no longer having fun playing hockey, I dont think they should have even started the year playing. There is a little thing called dedication, that happens to mean a lot. These are kids that I know enjoy hockey, and for them to bail out on the rest of the team because they have a problem with the coach is simply classless. Unless the coach physically hurt them, which I know he didnt, these kids should be mature enough to deal with it and play the game, if not for anyone else, for themselves.

I think if they play like they did against WF they will probably have a good shot at winning the state championship. I think people are forgetting how good WF is and esspecially on the road.

That is someting new. WF being a good team? I thought Grafton just beat them 7-3 and WF was on the road the team has a 1-4 record right now.

I was at the RR-WF game and It didn't look to me that WF was all that great of a team, RR just played quite a poor game. WF played a very well game to keep up with RR, I will give that to them, but they arnt a team that should be within a 1 point game. I was talking to Russel and other RR players about the game during class today and Russel himself said, "WF isnt a good team, we just played like sh*t". Thought I would let you all know that. Not sayin WF is a poor team, RR is just better. Best of luck to all teams this year and all my comments are mostly just opinions.

I agree that these kids should quit if there was some sort of major personal problem, but i highly doubt there is. It is the outcome of them becoming frustrated with the coach and even moreso a team that that has sturggled to win. I also agree with the fact that they should not play if they are no longer having fun, but you cant tell me their whole outlook on hockey changed in the 4 weeks the season has been going. If they are no longer having fun playing hockey, I dont think they should have even started the year playing. There is a little thing called dedication, that happens to mean a lot. These are kids that I know enjoy hockey, and for them to bail out on the rest of the team because they have a problem with the coach is simply classless. Unless the coach physically hurt them, which I know he didnt, these kids should be mature enough to deal with it and play the game, if not for anyone else, for themselves.

That is really dissapointing to hear if that is in fact true.

Russel Crary as a sophmore who leads RR in scoring. He is a very good athelete and it is awsome seeing him out there with Eric Meland and Andrew Vigen all working together. That line will be one of the best this season especially with there awsome defenders. Pat Arnason is a great goalie though I think he would love to have those goals back against WF. Cant wait to see what this line can do against EGF Tuesday in EGF.

Let's talk about players that actually score on legit teams. Alex hooey 2 goals against WB I read on the forum website. let's weigh it out, 2 agianst WBL or 3 against shanley?

Let's talk about players that actually score on legit teams. Alex hooey 2 goals against WB I read on the forum website. let's weigh it out, 2 agianst WBL or 3 against shanley?

They all count the same. Alex Hooey will have equal opportunity to score against Shanley as Crary did. To get three goals in any game you must be doing something right. Two goals against White Bear is very impressive aswell. When someone is leading his team and is towords the top of the state as a sophomore he is going to be talked about. I don't see why that's so hard to accept.

What do you mean RR beat these 4 perinial powers: Shanley, Wahpeton, J-town, Crookston. Then they ran into a team that figures to be batlling these teams out for the title of "worst team in the tri-state area" and they took home a solid 3-2 third period come back win against the WF packers. Come on how do you not think RR is the best team in ND and maybe Minnesota?

I always love that one.

It goes siouxyeahyeah, then Sioux Yeah Yeah, then sioux ya ya. Just to clear things up. On a diffrent note, Red River plays EGF at the Civic center tonight, in EGF. It should be a good game, cant wait to go see it.

I would have expect Siouxyaya or what ever to be one of the last names people would be fighting over. I for one didn't think when I say Siouxyaya, "Wow I have to get a name just like that because it is so creative". If I was the original maker of that name I wouldn't be mad. I would be stunned that anyone else would want a name like that.

Although I'm a Central fan and the Red River hockey players were cheering for EGF against Central - Good luck to Red River. I would rather see a GF team win and would never dream of cheering for EGF over RR.

Kick some butt. I hope the young Useldinger gets put in his place.

Thanks for the support tonight against EGF. I was at the Central-EGF game, and personally I was cheering for Central. Red River is pumped up for the game and I know we will put that cocky Useldinger in his place.