SiouxSports.com Forum

all-NCC announced

UND92,96

It seems pretty weird to have a first-team all-NCC quarterback who threw for a whopping 73 yards per game. I expected to see that back in the days NDSU was running the veer with Jeff Bentrim and Chris Simdorn, but not today. Miller is a running back who happens to line up at quarterback IMO.

Miller actually played a little WR last year and caught a TD pass. He's 6-4 and 215 and could be an excellent WR if he were to play another position. I thought Reilly would be the all-NCC QB.

I was surprised to see Ullsperger make 1st team. I only saw him once this year, but he missed a lot of tackles mostly on Miller in the open field. Hence my comment on the other thread about the Caniglia curse. Maybe UNO's equipment manager will return his jock strap back after he lost it in October. :silly:

I saw the play your talking about. The UND OLB lost contain and Ullsperger came from the inside and actually beat Miller to the sideline to turn him in. Unfortunately no one made it over in time to prevent Miller from scoring. Ullsperger has been a stud for UND for 4 years and is VERY deserving of 1st team all NCC. He and Danenhauer are like clones of one another.

Miller actually played a little WR last year and caught a TD pass. He's 6-4 and 215 and could be an excellent WR if he were to play another position. I thought Reilly would be the all-NCC QB.

I was surprised to see Ullsperger make 1st team. I only saw him once this year, but he missed a lot of tackles mostly on Miller in the open field. Hence my comment on the other thread about the Caniglia curse. Maybe UNO's equipment manager will return his jock strap back after he lost it in October. :silly:

I agree about Ullsperger, he really hasn't seemed to do a lot this season which is suprising because the UND defense tends to spill a lot the RB's to the middle of the field giving them lots of chances to make plays.

I saw the play your talking about. The UND OLB lost contain and Ullsperger came from the inside and actually beat Miller to the sideline to turn him in. Unfortunately no one made it over in time to prevent Miller from scoring. Ullsperger has been a stud for UND for 4 years and is VERY deserving of 1st team all NCC. He and Danenhauer are like clones of one another.

He overpersued

Each of us is only in a good position to know our favorite team's players since we usually only see the other teams once per year and sometimes not even that much. So a lot of my opinion's are based on how that player did against UNO, which may not be a good indicator of the entire season. However, Ullsperger is only #27 in the NCC tackling statistics. From what I saw, he might be the emotional leader of the defense and does do a lot of talking on the sidelines.

http://www.northcentralconference.org/spor...ts/CONFONLY.HTM