SiouxSports.com Forum

I Get it Now

GeauxSioux

I have been a Sioux fan since I can remember. Since my dad played basketball at UND, I was more into BB as a kid. I do remember freezing my butt off over at the barn. I couldn't wait to get hot chocolate in the concession area, because it was the only heated area in the building. In college I recall standing in line in the early 80's from 1:00 in the morning until the ticket office opened at the old Ralph to get tickets for the Wisconsin series. I was a Sioux hockey fan, but didn't know Sioux hockey.

A couple of my neighbors (one being TNT and the other a current assistant at the HS level) knew everything about Sioux hockey even from a young age. Only in the last couple of years have I really started to understand the inner workings of Sioux hockey. Mostly by reading this message board. It is run more like a pro sport than a college sport, especially more so than basketball or football. The Prospective Sioux Recruits thread about who the Sioux are recruiting and for what years is especially interesting.

Thanks to all at SiouxSports.com for educating me and I'm sure others. Now if I can only learn to skate a little better. :)

I have been a Sioux fan since I can remember. Since my dad played basketball at UND, I was more into BB as a kid. I do remember freezing my butt off over at the barn. I couldn't wait to get hot chocolate in the concession area, because it was the only heated area in the building. In college I recall standing in line in the early 80's from 1:00 in the morning until the ticket office opened at the old Ralph to get tickets for the Wisconsin series. I was a Sioux hockey fan, but didn't know Sioux hockey.

A couple of my neighbors (one being TNT and the other a current assistant at the HS level) knew everything about Sioux hockey even from a young age. Only in the last couple of years have I really started to understand the inner workings of Sioux hockey. Mostly by reading this message board. It is run more like a pro sport than a college sport, especially more so than basketball or football. The Prospective Sioux Recruits thread about who the Sioux are recruiting and for what years is especially interesting.

Thanks to all at SiouxSports.com for educating me and I'm sure others. Now if I can only learn to skate a little better. :)

Interesting. I grew up GF and attended Valley and Central. I have always been a big sports fan and of course, living in GF, you were just a Sioux fan, especially hockey. We would always attend games at the old Ralph and I loved it. The players I remember most were Joyce, Hrkac, Tippett, Archibald, Sykes, etc.

I left the area in the late 80's, joined the military and returned to GF in the early 90's. Lived there for a few more years, got married and moved to Wisconsin.

My long winded point is, Sioux hockey is just in the blood. The problem is that it is extremely difficult to follow if you dont' live in the greater GF area. I only get to see the Sioux on tv when they play UW. I also try to get home once a season to catch a series to get my fix (Including the Pepper and Shang Ri La...lol).

Dataflix, while the quality sucked, at least allowed me to watch the boys every weekend. I sure hope the video feed being provided continues for guys like me. This Sioux hockey forum, more than anything, has provided distant fans a chance to keep in touch with the greatest college hockey team in the land.

Thanks!

My long winded point is, Sioux hockey is just in the blood. The problem is that it is extremely difficult to follow if you dont' live in the greater GF area. I only get to see the Sioux on tv when they play UW. I also try to get home once a season to catch a series to get my fix (Including the Pepper and Shang Ri La...lol).

Can't imagine living outside the FSSN area and not dropping the $200 or so needed to get the FTA satellite system to watch Sioux hockey. Why haven't you done that yet?

Can't imagine living outside the FSSN area and not dropping the $200 or so needed to get the FTA satellite system to watch Sioux hockey. Why haven't you done that yet?

Because I have no idea what a FTA satellite system is. Does this replace the cable system. An addition to it? If you get a chance and have the knowledge, I'd appreciate a quick run-down.

Thanks...

Because I have no idea what a FTA satellite system is. Does this replace the cable system. An addition to it? If you get a chance and have the knowledge, I'd appreciate a quick run-down.

Thanks...

Check out this thread. Iceberg and PSB have all kinds of knowledge on what to get and how to use the systems. PSB sells them. It is an addition to cable, and you can get FSSN at no monthly cost (FTA=free to air).

Lots of Sioux fans have installed these systems on their own. PSB has installed many for Sioux fans in the TC area.

Sprigs, you beat me to it. FTA is the way to go.

Watched the games last week on regular satellite and the picture was less than ideal.

The feeds off of FSSN appear to be a higher quality, probably because they are the raw feeds and they haven't been messed with.

Bought another FTA receiver last week for $80 off of flea bay. As Sprigs indicated, read Iceberg's thread, you should be able to figure out what to do. If not, go to your local satellite guys and they should be able to get you set up.

Check out this thread. Iceberg and PSB have all kinds of knowledge on what to get and how to use the systems. PSB sells them. It is an addition to cable, and you can get FSSN at no monthly cost (FTA=free to air).

Lots of Sioux fans have installed these systems on their own. PSB has installed many for Sioux fans in the TC area.