SiouxSports.com Forum

Where's Stafford

Just Curious

I apologize if this has been brought up in another thread, but I didn't see any fitting topic except former players which is 78 pages long and too much to sort through.

So, my question is does any one know where Stafford is currently playing? He was on Buffalo's rookie camp roster, but not on their training camp one. Also, checking the stats for Buffalo's first few games, he has not been in the lineup.

Did he get assigned to the AHL already, or am I just missing something?

I appreciate the help.

I apologize if this has been brought up in another thread, but I didn't see any fitting topic except former players which is 78 pages long and too much to sort through.

So, my question is does any one know where Stafford is currently playing? He was on Buffalo's rookie camp roster, but not on their training camp one. Also, checking the stats for Buffalo's first few games, he has not been in the lineup.

I appreciate the help.

Maybe he's busy recording a new album and just can't fit hockey into his schedule right now.

I appreciate the help.

Here is a link to show Stafford is indeed on the roster:

Buffalo News

Here are some comments, written by various individuals during the past week, regarding his training camp sessions thus far:

"I want Stafford"

"I want him to play for us! He was owning dudes today"

Originally Posted by Slangston

"Drew Stafford will be in the Sabres line-up come October. Bank on it."

"It's a 3 horse race at this point. Novo, Paille and Staff."

"Stafford looks pretty good. Soft hands, good vision. Seemed to struggle w/ position in the d-zone. Obviously its still early in camp. Nice juke on miller in the last period for a goal."

"From what I saw of him he looked very strong on the puck. He definately stood out."

"That's why I'm encouraged by the early reports that Stafford may be ready, as he, of all the RW'ers on this team has the potential to be the most complete player at the highest skill level."

Appears he will start the season in Rochester

If you notice closely, the article is written on Aug. 24th--Buffalo's Training camp started Sept. 11th w/rookies & Vets came in on the 14th. Nothing has been decided regarding either Rochester's or Buffalo's roster as of today, though i read they cut a few rookies & sent them back to their Junior teams--says something for going the college route! :D

Maybe he's busy recording a new album and just can't fit hockey into his schedule right now.

This is the angle I'd go with as I recieved the following from Jordy on Facebook:

Just to let everyone know, we are having some contract disputes and can no longer post songs and/or videos on our site. Drew and I are constantly developing killer tunes for our debut album so please show some love on our site so we can settle this ongoing process. "That's so metal!!" Keep checking the site for our new demos, "Invisible Children" and "The Blind Spot of a Halibut"

The Praline is coming! The Praline is coming!