SiouxSports.com Forum

NICK NOAH

Hopper

Nick Noah is a goalie currently playing for Crookston High School. I have watched a lot of High School goalies, and I have to say on this unbiased website, this is the fastest kid I have ever seen. I watched him play against EGF last week. I have to admit, a few of his saves could have been considered pure luck. However, I still quote Ralph, "The harder I work, the luckier I get", and this kid workd HARD!!! He is lightning fast, and has the positioning of an all-star player. I understand that he is young, is on a losing team, but PLEASE, check out this kid's stats. He has a .923 save percentage and under 2.40 goals against.......(I say this with apprehension to be wrong....I think its 2.34??). He is a stellar performer on a team that is struggling. I think the team record this year is 4-12-? (unsure of ties). I think that with a few years in the USHL, this kid could carry a team like we have this year to an undefeated season....I say this with confidence. Someone look at his stats, and let me know your thoughts about him. I'm throwing this out there blindly, and I'm not saying anything about the current dispute about goalies. However, when there is constant static among fans about something (goaltending), obviously there's a problem.....somewhere. So, maybe we, as fans, can look forward and raise some interest in a truly deserving cadidate for a college career/education that all will follow. This kid is good, and I have to say, of all the goalies I have watched at the HS level, including Lane Sedevie and Jake Moreland (St. Cloud), this kid has the speed of a bullet. He gets out of position, but if you blink, you wouldn't know it. I'm not saying he's a flopper, but with the team he has to work with, he has to take some chances.....which puts him out of the net from time to time.....but getting back is not a problem for this kid. He is FAST, and should be given a serious look. I have heard that the goalie roster is filled for the next few recruiting sessions, but this kid IS going somewhere, and maybe someone should tap Mr. Blais on the shoulder and put the bug in his ear. Someone let me know (after looking at his stats) what you think!

Just a sidenote I forgot, he made 32 saves to chalk up a shutout against a great EGF team. And, as I put as an ICON on this topic.....keep and eye on this kid....and see which D-1 team he ends up playing for!!! Don't count him out for the Sioux, he just needs a little more exposure. I think/feel that he'd do well by this team. I spoke with many other spectator's at the game (many from EGF), and all agreed that this kid is outside the ordinary when it comes to goalies! Give me your thoughts! Do we need him.....or are we (as fans/followers happy)????;)?;)??