SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Sioux Baseball Player Makes Team USA

The Walrus

Greg Cascaes from Sioux Baseball 93-96 has earned a spot on Team USA Softball Team that will play in the Pan Am Games. Congrats to Greg. I believe this is the 2nd Sioux Player to receive such honors the 1st being, Tom Montgomery

Once again Congrats and Good Luck!

Congrats to Cazzy. Where did you find any information on this because I can not find it anywhere on the Men's USA National Team website? I would like to see who also made the team.

I talked to Cazzy, and he said the USA Manager said to him pack your bags your coming with us, not sure when it will be posted, Cazzy told me he would email me info and schedule , I will post here when I get it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
just a update....

former Sioux Gregg Cascaes will be on ESPN playing for team USA softball against Japan.

the game is played July 14th...tape delayed broadcast on July 22nd

http://www.asasoftball.com/about/getStory.asp?nid=1386

http://63.76.74.170/bios.asp?uid=2348

Walrus, did you happen to tape the game?? I forgot it was on. How did Cazzy do??

Walrus, did you happen to tape the game?? I forgot it was on. How did Cazzy do??

Yes have it taped, Team USA won...Gregg played in 3 of the 6 challenge cup games, he did not however get in on the ESPN tv game broadcast tape delayed on Sunday 7/29/07...Tough Break and some politics..

But in talking with Gregg had a outstanding time and really enjoyed the experience, he has alot of softball left in his future so maybe we will get to see some more..

Yes have it taped, Team USA won...Gregg played in 3 of the 6 challenge cup games, he did not however get in on the ESPN tv game broadcast tape delayed on Sunday 7/29/07...Tough Break and some politics..

But in talking with Gregg had a outstanding time and really enjoyed the experience, he has alot of softball left in his future so maybe we will get to see some more..

I wonder if we watched the same game. The game I saw had Japan winning 4-2.