SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA may ban all post-season play in South Carolina

mksioux

Very scary. This statement brings to mind a ruthless German psychopath from the previous century.

I agree with you it is very much like that German you are talking about. They are becoming the thought patrol. When people try to control what we think they have god complexes.

I cannot stand the "N_zi" attitudes and methods of Myles anymore. How can this dictator keep getting away with this year after year? I give as much as I can to UND every year so I claim that I am a dedicated dedicated fan/alum, but I will never be able to dent what others may give. I can only promise that I will now always be as anti-NC$$ as possible. I will be the fan in Sec 203, Row Z, seats 3 & 4 that will ALWAYS have on anti-NC$$ attire! If I get kicked out, I would not mind being an example of a fan that will give up his games as a principle to not supporting the NC$$.

Comming from the south, the only I can say is for if any reason is more/less yesterday's news. The NC$$ or the new NAZI party if you like to perfer it has it at odds with SC for over a decade . To be honest with you i'm sure as hell glad they aren't in charge of NASCAR can you see them telling NASCAR they can't race in Darlington or anywhere else in the south because of race relations?

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

It's a perfectly logical extension of this to guess that tournaments will eventually be banned from North Dakota for the state's abuse of Indian imagery and unapproved use of an Indian name in the state name.

Following that hypothetical example makes it clear that the NCAA is an abusive monopoly. This athletics governance body can perform any social engineering they want by imposing arbitrary moral, legal, and other requirements on institutions, cities, and states, if they want to participate fully in the NCAA. No legitimate business facing any competition would ever dare behave in such a manner, but having no actual competition yet being completely unregulated has emboldened the NCAA to reach far beyond the organization's mission and try to reshape the world to fit their ivory tower notions of political correctness.

In response to some opponents' glee at the NCAA punishing UND, many Sioux fans have joked that fans of other schools should be more sympathetic because PETA may approach the NCAA next. It's time to stop laughing. This action shows that a social engineering NCAA is willing to punish schools to try to sway other entities on other issues. Gopher fans should worry that the NCAA might not like Minnesota's minimum wage laws, and Bison fans should be scared that the NCAA may not like Fargo's treatment of gay marriage.

I don't post much in this forum because I'm somewhat torn as to whether UND should use the Sioux nickname. However, I have no doubt that the NCAA abusing its monopoly to try to reengineer society is a scary thing for everyone.

The only thing keeping the NCAA from acting too aggressively in their social engineering quest is because they don't want excessive media scrutiny. The NCAA got burned pretty bad by FSU, Florida politicians, and the media in general in the early stages of the Indian nickname fiasco. I think they've learned from that experience to take baby steps, pick on small and easy targets that will not raise too much media scrutiny.

For example, as its stands, I'd be shocked if that proposed legislation limiting the scope of the NCAA were to become law. On the other hand, if the NCAA gets too aggressive with its social engineering, makes too many people mad, it most certainly will. In a way, I hope the NCAA will "bite off more than it can chew" because that may be the only way this madness will end.

I cannot stand the "N_zi" attitudes and methods of Myles anymore. How can this dictator keep getting away with this year after year? I give as much as I can to UND every year so I claim that I am a dedicated dedicated fan/alum, but I will never be able to dent what others may give. I can only promise that I will now always be as anti-NC$$ as possible. I will be the fan in Sec 203, Row Z, seats 3 & 4 that will ALWAYS have on anti-NC$$ attire! If I get kicked out, I would not mind being an example of a fan that will give up his games as a principle to not supporting the NC$$.

Will you be watching "March Madness" next spring?