SiouxSports.com Forum

Satellite Move for The Fighting Sioux Sports Network

cheesemover

I have my FTA box hooked to a stand alone DVD recorder/hard drive so I can record it to the HD, remove commercials and then burn to a DVD.

I use to have a box with a PVR in it (Pansat 6000) and the thing was so buggy I sold it within a month. It would stu-stu-stutter on the screen and when you played back a recorded program :blush:

Havent worked with the Dreambox before.

wonder what kind of price tag is on it

Hmm, that doesn't sound good about the Panasat 6000. There are a few of these Dreambox 500's on ebay for ~$200-250 (cheaper in Canada).

There is also this thing called Lyngbox that looks very interesting. But it isn't coming out until February 2007. It is a FTA receiver, recorder all in one. And it automatically downloads and installs all available channels.

I don't know, I think just for now I am going to buy the Traxis 3500 motorized system just to get started and to be able to watch the Sioux games. And then eventually get a PVR or DVR or whatever they are called like this ReplayTV. But they aren't available anymore other than ebay.

This is all kind of confusing since there really isn't much information out there on these.

I don't know, I think just for now I am going to buy the Traxis 3500 motorized system just to get started and to be able to watch the Sioux games. And then eventually get a PVR or DVR or whatever they are called like this ReplayTV. But they aren't available anymore other than ebay.
You could get a DVD burner. They're not that much :blush:

One of my recorders I got from Wal-Mart. It shows online only but I bought mine from the store

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4891345

The DVR is basically a VCR but its stored digitally (like a computer hard drive). You can edit the commercials out (thats something most DVR's cant do) and then burn it to a DVD. Works pretty slick :lol:

As for the 6000, here is a response I had for someone who was wondering abvout the FTA units with the DVR/PVR built in

I was in the same boat as you around Christmas. I wanted a PVR unit to record FTA and I honestly thought the Pansat 6000 was the thing. I plopped down 500 bucks to get this. I was so excited like a kid at Christmas (actually, I got it 2 days after X-Mas)

I hooked it up and had fun with it.....then the true colors of this unit came out.

I swear Dish Network made the software in the box.

The blind scan was slow and buggy

everytime I would go into the antenna menu, it never was on the satellite I was on so the dish started moving

remote screwed up 2 other components of my setup (including my remote A/B switch)

but the last straw was the stuttering of the channels. On some channels it would freeze for split seconds all the time. If I recorded it was fine. Then I went to record a hockey game and the stuttering was on the recorded item.

Sold it the next day. I dont know if they have fixed the bugs but when I got it 3 software upgrades later and it was worse than when I first got it.

Now I use a 80GB Hard Drive/CD Burner. I can record stuff ot the hard drive, edit (hide) commercials and either copy to a VHS tape or burn to a DVD. Absolutelly LOVE it!! Yes I have to set 2 timers (one on HDD and one on FTA box) but it works..no bugs and have no issues

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p...amp;postcount=2

Well, I just placed the order on PSB for the Traxis 3500 Motorized System. I was tired of thinking about what option to go with and figured I better order otherwise I will never get to watch the Sioux on this. Like I said before, I will get going with this and think about a recording option later.

Thanks Iceberg for your experience with the Pansat 6000.

I see that site has a few ESPNU & CSTV Logo's scattered throughout. Does that mean that they are sure of a few games they will televise, not all, or have ESPNU adn CSTV just cut way back on covering college hockey? :blush:

Some team sites list their games that will be on CSTV and ESPNU, and those games were picked up from there. Neither network has listed a complete schedule yet.

Well, I just placed the order on PSB for the Traxis 3500 Motorized System. I was tired of thinking about what option to go with and figured I better order otherwise I will never get to watch the Sioux on this. Like I said before, I will get going with this and think about a recording option later.

Thanks Iceberg for your experience with the Pansat 6000.

glad to help out :blush:

Hopefully you'll have it up and ready to go by next weekend :lol:

glad to help out :blush:

Hopefully you'll have it up and ready to go by next weekend :lol:

You better believe I will have it up and ready by next weekend. As a double incentive, it is my birthday on the 7th! I am going to home depot tomorrow to buy some RG6 cable so I can start running that through the wall and the attic to the point I have selected on my roof. That way all I have to do is assemble the satellite, mount it to the roof, and set it all up with the coordinates posted above.

Is there anyone in GF who would install one of these systems

dang. Wish GF was closer (I think its a 6 hour drive from Gooferland)

& can you take it to the lake & get other TV like dish network :blush:

its a bigger dish so its possible. Pete (PSB) had a dish mounted ot the trailer hitch of his truck when he was at work (he works in satellite) :lol:

University of Montana football versus Portland St. will again be on the same transponder as the FSSN this weekend. Game time is 8:00 central.

Same Coordinates as last week:

v

Good time and place to make sure your dish is pointed correctly!

mine is all set to go :blush:

Question on sighting in the satellite for this year:

I just entered the new satellite coordinates and did a blind scan. I can see the ABC News Now and ABC News One channels clearly. There's a channel coming in right now that appears to be showing an Oklahoma High School football game (Putnam City? vs. the Jaguars, don't know which city the second one is).

Is this the same channel that the Sioux hockey games will be shown? Or do I need to do another scan once their signal is up?

Thanks for any help.

read the posts above :huh:

K means KU band (which is what we use)

17 means the transponder in the sky

its just a bunch of techno stuff. As Baron Von raschke would say "This is all you need to know" :blush:

12044 freq

V polarity

4880 symbol rate

same satellite (whew)

Iceberg,

I have just purchased a coolsat 5000 platinum unit. I'm new at trying to set this up for the upcoming hockey season?? I am trying to edit the system to recognize intelsat Americas 8 at 89.0W. Under manual scan the frequency should be at 12.044 symbol rate at 4.880 polarization at v search type at all network seach off.

Am I doing this correctly?? Any advise would be helpful!

Thank you, getting excited about Sunday's game, hope we can see it!!!

Question on sighting in the satellite for this year:

I just entered the new satellite coordinates and did a blind scan. I can see the ABC News Now and ABC News One channels clearly. There's a channel coming in right now that appears to be showing an Oklahoma High School football game (Putnam City? vs. the Jaguars, don't know which city the second one is).

Is this the same channel that the Sioux hockey games will be shown? Or do I need to do another scan once their signal is up?

Thanks for any help.

You are in the right place and pointed in the right direction, but you will need to do another blind scan about a 15-20 minutes before game time. That is when the feed is up. You'll only need to do it once, then it will be stored for the rest of the season.

Question,

I have just purchased a coolsat 5000 platinum unit. I'm new at trying to set this up for the upcoming hockey season?? I am trying to edit the system to recognize intelsat Americas 8 at 89.0W.

Under manual scan the frequency should it be at 12.044

symbol rate at 4.880

polarization at v

search type at all

network seach off.

Am I doing this correctly?? Any advise would be helpful!

Thank you, getting excited about Sunday's game, hope we to see it!!!

nope. Looks fine

As long as you are aimed at the satellite, about 15 minutes before game time if you bring up that transponder, the bars at the bottom will be green (shall we say Sioux green) :silly: instead of red

Then you can scan it in. (do a manual scan)

nope. Looks fine

As long as you are aimed at the satellite, about 15 minutes before game time if you bring up that transponder, the bars at the bottom will be green (shall we say Sioux green) :silly: instead of red

Then you can scan it in. (do a manual scan)

Thanks,

I am still not receiving anything under dish setting , I don't get any level or quaility signal..

any thoughts !!