SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs SDSU - A lot at stake.

BigGreyAnt41

Does anyone know what the status of Jenny Boll is? Are the dizzy spells gone, was it just a touch of the flu?

hmm, I hadn't heard anything about that. I thought she was out on Saturday cuz of her knees. She didn't play most of the second half on friday and she sat with ice bags on her knees. Hopefully she's back at 100% on thursday.

Tim and Swyg had CR (Coach Roebuck) on Wednesday morning (in addition to Wed night's coaches show). Swyg was mentioning how strong the jack-bunnies are; CR agreed and added that UND's post players are strong too (Jenny B., Kara D., and Kristi B.), the difference is the perimeter players. The jack-bunny perimeter players might not be "stronger" but they are very agressive, not afraid to put the ball on the floor and go hard to the basket. Talked also on how much Marissa L. has matured as a player -- she's always had the ability, it was just whether she was going to decide that she is a star player. It looks like Becky M. was in just a little scoring/shooting slump -- when she was struggling it wasn't because her shooting form changed/was adjusted, the ball just wasn't dropping. Some joking about being ready for the "cowbell", as it sounds like there is a regular jack-rabbit fan who comes with his very loud, and persistent cowbell. During tonight's coaches show CR mentioned that during the game at SDS the jack-bunnies were really enjoying the dominating win over the Sioux, they (UND) needs to make sure they don't give the jack-bunnies that oppurtunity again.

Nice wins by the Sioux last night--particularly by the women. They really took it to the soon-to-be-former-number-1 team in division II. What a difference two weeks makes. To go from losing by 16 to winning by 24. And the game really wasn't even as close as the final score would indicate since about 10 points came off the lead in the last few minutes when UND put the deep reserves in.

Although it is run-down and decrepit, you can't argue with the home-court advantage that Hyslop provides. After last night, that's a combined 62 games in a row won there by the men and women! As much as I love Engelstad and watching hockey there, playing basketball there isn't a great idea in general because there isn't the same familiarity by the Sioux players and because 3,500 people sound a lot louder in the smaller venue. It's like giving away the home-court advantage. Just my opinion.

Actually, not really 62 games. Because while the women were winning their first 26 games, the men still lost some in there. 44 straight for the women is still incredible. I heard they might convert the Old Engelstad into a basketball arena. It would be cool, but the Hyslop is being so nice to us right now, I kinda don't wanna leave.