SiouxSports.com Forum

Holy Cross Jerseys Available?

808hky

I'll see what I can do for the suite. consider it a big maybe

Ok, I'll wait to put you on the list until you know. Remember it's not until Thanksgiving weekend. You can save 10 bucks a week and that should get you in. So, no take out once a week, no extra beer, or no new shoes that you are in desperate need of... Prioritize, man, prioritize!!! :lol:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rock on. I was stressed about my vehicle situation (which may I say has now been resolved. I am the proud owner of a 96 GMC lol) and just started typing. yes the loss sucked and yes it is one for the history books. And i'll even admit we deserved to lose the way we played the final 3 games of the season. I'll see what I can do for the suite. consider it a big maybe

Edit: And I realize how much this post just sounds like one huge runon, I just don't have the brain power to fix it right now. I should be full force in a day or two ;)

Way to go on the truck! It's OK to ramble on, we just might ignore you! :lol:

You can still play at the VFW, but try to cut something else from your budget. Can you ride your bike to work while the weather is nice? Can you not run the air conditioner so much, or turn the heat down to 68 when it gets colder? Pack you lunch for work instead of going out to eat? OR...don't buy that new shirt you were thinking of wearing to the game, you can wear my HC jersey! :lol: Just try to save up.

Nope, you're wrong. You may 'get over it' but for the rest of us this historical lose will always make us smile. I only have to look at my Holy Cross jerseys to get happy all over.

Much as Gopher fans and others may trivialize it, what happened on March 24, 2006 at the Ralph Engelstad Arena was "one for the history books". No we're not going to get over it. You can ignore it but we certainly are not.

well, maybe everyone else isnt, but im certainly over it. yes i'll remember it for a very long time and it is

"one for the books", but geez, it was just another game. yes it was a HUGE GAME, and it was great to talk about it for the first month after it happened,and the fact that it happened here, but its getting kinda old. im agreeing that it was a great moment in NCAA Hockey history, but c'mon, you can only go so far...

well, maybe everyone else isnt, but im certainly over it. yes i'll remember it for a very long time and it is

"one for the books", but geez, it was just another game. yes it was a HUGE GAME, and it was great to talk about it for the first month after it happened,and the fact that it happened here, but its getting kinda old. im agreeing that it was a great moment in NCAA Hockey history, but c'mon, you can only go so far...

While you're busy forgetting about the Holy Cross/MN game, you may as well forget about the '80 Olympics Miracle on Ice, too. :lol:

While you're busy forgetting about the Holy Cross/MN game, you may as well forget about the '80 Olympics Miracle on Ice, too. :lol:

THEY WERE BOTH GREAT GAMES, but im not still talking about them and rubbing it in the Russians faces am I? Im not forgetting about it, im just over the fact that a team came from the back 40 and won a game against one of the best schools in NCAA hockey. its in the past. look ahead.

i know that! :lol: it was fun to see the arch enemt get beat by some team from hockey east whenn it happened, but its just getting old now. I just think it was a lucky break for HC and a wake up call to MN, they just didnt have it in those last few games. i will finalize this, siouxmama, I AM NOT FORGETTING ANYTHING!!!

Oh, I dont think HC got a lucky break. They played their a$$es off that game, and the next game against us. I hope MN took that, and their previous 2 losses in the Final Five as a wake up call. Otherwise, there should be an alarm going off somewhere (probably in Lucia's head).

its not friendly "ribbing" when it starts arguments and when theyre getting sick of it... :lol:

The last time I looked this was a University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux sports forum. It's not my role to be careful not to hurt Gopher feelings. If someone doesn't want to hear/read about Holy Cross, they do not have to read a thread that has Holy Cross in it's title. Chances are their feelings are going to get hurt if they are Gopher fans or Gopher sympathizers.

It's obvious from your posts that you have no clue as to the reason this win is going to live on in College Hockey history, why this is not going to be forgotten in the next year, next ten years, etc. A true hockey fan, regardless of team affiliation, is 'not going to get over it'. I've gone onto other teams forums to read what they're saying and let me tell you the Holy Cross win is a friggin' big deal everywhere!!

I go onto the Holy Cross web page periodically because I truly want to know what is going on with their team. The players are all non-scholarship and reading their profiles is very interesting. Many of them have goals in life that do not include the NHL. I want to know what is going on with them especially those young men whose jerserys I now own. I want to know if the jersey wearer was accepted into Harvard's Law School or if he's won awards, etc.

Thank you for caring about Gopher fans' feelings. Just don't expect me to care.

Stafford Rules, first of all, HC's win was historic, and it is still fun to relive it through discussions here. Secondly, your complaining about it is reminiscent of when people were talking about drew leaving early, not trying to be a jerk, but if it bothers you, simply ignore it, cause just like discussions about early departures, this one isn't going away for awhile.

Nope, you're wrong. You may 'get over it' but for the rest of us this historical lose will always make us smile. I only have to look at my Holy Cross jerseys to get happy all over.

Much as Gopher fans and others may trivialize it, what happened on March 24, 2006 at the Ralph Engelstad Arena was "one for the history books". No we're not going to get over it. You can ignore it but we certainly are not.

i wasnt talking aout Sioux fans ignoring the loss, i was talking about goph fans on the board. if you were a mn fan, would you get a bit annoyed with this? :lol:

im not disagreeing with anyone that it was historic, im just saying it was in the past. im not telling anyone to forget it, im POSITIVE no one will.

btw, the drew thing, im almost over it. i think thats a big accomplishment! ;)

i wasnt talking aout Sioux fans ignoring the loss, i was talking about goph fans on the board. if you were a mn fan, would you get a bit annoyed with this? :lol:

Don't care if Gopher fans get annoyed. In fact I hope they do. As previously stated, if Gopher fans and Gopher sympathizers don't want to get annoyed or their feelings hurt, don't read any posts wtih Holy Cross in it's title. :lol:

OK back to the topic sorta....

I bought a bunch of shirts for the HC boys, so I should be getting a bunch of HC shirts in return pretty soon. If anyone who DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING HOLY CROSS would be interested in ONE, just let me know.

GO SIOUX!!!

I'm not trying to start something here but I am curious. If Holy Cross would have beat Michigan or Wisconsin (I know Wisconsin was not in the regional)or some other high seeded team besides Minnesota would Sioux fans make such a big deal out of this like they are doing now. Before AZSIOUX or Triouxper rips me I'm saying this hypothetical.

if you want to waste some money. its only gonna be funny for what, this upcoming year? after that nobody is gonna give a damn about who lost to who in the Regionals.

Waste some money? That money went to support the fine athletic department at Holy Cross and I support all college athletics. I did my part supporting U of M athletics when I bought Kessel a beer at Stub and Herbs during the Final 5. :silly:

I'm not trying to start something here but I am curious. If Holy Cross would have beat Michigan or Wisconsin (I know Wisconsin was not in the regional)or some other high seeded team besides Minnesota would Sioux fans make such a big deal out of this like they are doing now. Before AZSIOUX or Triouxper rips me I'm saying this hypothetical.

If it were Wisconsin, ABSOLUTELY!!!! Michigan, probably not, the number 16 team beating the number 11 team in the country is just not that big a deal!

The number 16 team beating the number 1 team in the country is a BIG FRIGGIN' deal!!!!! There were two feet high headlines across the country screaming that the outcome of that game will go down in history as the BIGGEST upset in college hockey history!!!

There are several reasons why Sioux fans will enjoy the Holy Cross-UMTC game for a long time. One is that it was a historic loss, the first #1 seed losing to a #4. It happened in our building and the winning team ended up facing our favorite squad for a chance to go to the Frozen Four. The losing team in this historic game is one of, if not our most hated rival. Many Sioux fans were in attendance at the game to witness the spectacle. And it was part of a streak of 3 straight losses by an underachieving rival.

So to answer your question, no it probably wouldn't have been quite as big a deal if it were anyone else. Wisconsin would have been very close, although the feelings between UND-UW are not quite at the same level as UND-UMTC right now. And their isn't as much interaction between Sioux and Badger fans during the off season since we have a few other school located between us. The other 2 #1 seeds would have been historic losses but not as much fun. And any other lower seed like Michigan would not have been as big a loss. So it was a combination of all these factors and probably others that will keep this game in the spotlight for a long time.