SiouxSports.com Forum

Drop the name

frnkdrcmn

After reading this post from GrahamKracker I believe the Sioux tribe should get what thay are asking for; to become a footnote in history as the guys who didn't fight all that well. Although Sioux military history is slightly better than the French it seems that the logo "Fighting Sioux" is inaccurate and not up to the standards of our hockey team.

"the SIOUX are not proud of you using it. I have documents to prove that. Get over it and buy up all the gear you can, because this mascot/logo will be history soon enough."

North Dakota is a much better name.

After reading this post from GrahamKracker I believe the Sioux tribe should get what thay are asking for; to become a footnote in history as the guys who didn't fight all that well. Although Sioux military history is slightly better than the French it seems that the logo "Fighting Sioux" is inaccurate and not up to the standards of our hockey team.

"the SIOUX are not proud of you using it. I have documents to prove that. Get over it and buy up all the gear you can, because this mascot/logo will be history soon enough."

North Dakota is a much better name.

I say change the name, however, let Gram Kracker and his group pay for it.

I say change the name, however, let Gram Kracker and his group pay for it.

I say we beat the NCAA, take them for a ton of money by winning the case and suing for damages, and then change the name using funding used normally to assist the NA students. Well, that could bring up some arguments but, as it appears from the name change crowd that changing the name would help the NA students so it wouldn't be misappropriation of funds.

That way it would be the same as giving the nCAA the middle finger saying screw you for breaking the rules and then giving the Sioux tribes the middle finger saying "We could have used the Sioux nickname and we want you to know that we could but it isn't worth it."

Viva the Fighting Cav!

WHOA!

Graham Kracker appears to be a minority within his own people. The Sioux people should not have to suffer any "consequences" because of Miles Brand and a few people who think like Graham Kracker.

It might be worth changing the name one day, but only after UND wins this fight and can do it on their own terms.

We all claim that the Native Americans have bigger problems to deal with than complaining about a nickname. Well, then we must understand if they chose to worry about those problems and not force the issue that the majority of them do indeed support UND.

Take what support we are able to get from those willing to give it. Know that UND is on the right side of this debate. Fight the good fight, and let the chips fall where they may.

But the average Native American is not obligated to have a dog in this hunt.