SiouxSports.com Forum

Jan. 29 Sioux Coaches Show

PCM

PCM,

I have said this in the past on POI.... but when Lucia is on the radio, I always try to remind people to not bother him with asking specific questions on a recruit that hasn't signed a LOI. I have seen it happen before on the radio in which some "dope" inevitably asks Lucia a question on some kid and it puts Lucia in an odd spot in which he just says that he can't comment on a specific player. I realize that not every Gopher fan is as educated on the rules as many of the Gopher fans on the internet but I would hope they would learn over time.

Hammy, You will never get happy not to call. :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it David Hale who was recently quoted as saying the ice on the Olympic rink is much better than in the main arena rink?

If so, I found that interesting. Hadn't we heard the ice in the main rink had been "fixed" this year? Is that rink doomed to poor ice eternally? Man, that would suck with the kind of skilled teams the Sioux usually put on the ice...

Was it David Hale who was recently quoted as saying the ice on the Olympic rink is much better than in the main arena rink?

If so, I found that interesting. Hadn't we heard the ice in the main rink had been "fixed" this year? Is that rink doomed to poor ice eternally? Man, that would suck with the kind of skilled teams the Sioux usually put on the ice...

I believe the ice in the main rink is still 10 to 15 degrees warmer than

they want it. They improved it quite a bit this year, but it still isn't (old REA) good. I guess what needs to be done is that all the refrigerant needs to be purged from the lines and replaced. The company that did the installation is responsible for that. It's a very expensive undertaking, so the company has been reluctant to do it. It will most likely be done at the conclusion of the season.