SiouxSports.com Forum

Thursday game on WDAZ?

denbo1

I would rather not listen to those two guys when we have the ESPN2 crew at our disposal.

So how many times will the ESPN folks say North Dakota State University Fighting Sioux? :D

I'm betting on 4 times before the final whistle blows and the Sioux have title #8! :lol:

So how many times will the ESPN folks say North Dakota State University Fighting Sioux? :D

I'm betting on 4 times before the final whistle blows and the Sioux have title #8! :lol:

I am also sure that they get flooded with emails.

ABC owns ESPN. I think thats what he means by affiliate.

partially correct. Disney owns both ABC & ESPN :lol:

but WDAZ is owned by Forum Communications, not Disney. So getting the rights would be touogh and DAZ would have to shell out mucho money

Remember....the Regionals rights were owned by ESPN & ESPN Syndication. FF games are owned by ESPN only. So I really don't see the game being shown on DAZ

It all depends who they have broadcasting the game from ESPN. Yes, they have some good announcers, and then they have the bonehead who called North Dakota, South Dakota in the 3rd period of the 2000 NC game. Of course, they could have Melrose color commenting on the game, or working in the studio, as they did last year. However, he's BU/BC biased, so I don't know how enjoyable that would be either. I just hope they go with someone who has some knowledge of the college teams involved. Last year was pretty pathetic, as they kept repeating the same statements over and over again, as that's all the info they were given. I'm convinced that Jordan will be called Zach at least once this weekend, as it's happened the last two weekends the Sioux have played.

It all depends who they have broadcasting the game from ESPN. Yes, they have some good announcers, and then they have the bonehead who called North Dakota, South Dakota in the 3rd period of the 2000 NC game. Of course, they could have Melrose color commenting on the game, or working in the studio, as they did last year. However, he's BU/BC biased, so I don't know how enjoyable that would be either. I just hope they go with someone who has some knowledge of the college teams involved. Last year was pretty pathetic, as they kept repeating the same statements over and over again, as that's all the info they were given. I'm convinced that Jordan will be called Zach at least once this weekend, as it's happened the last two weekends the Sioux have played.

Mute the TV and turn on the radio. The 3 second delay sucks though!

In Minneapolis, when the Vikes are on a Sunday night game on ESPN, the game is also aired on the ABC station, KSTP. The same thing could happen in GF, with WDAZ getting the feed from ESPN.

Thats written in the NFL TV contract that any game on ESPN (or this coming up year, NFL Network) will be shown in the local teams market on an OTA station (as long as its sold out)

Dont get me wrong, I'd love to see the GF people see it on DAZ, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.