SiouxSports.com Forum

Al's Bus Trip charter to the Frozen Four

mikeypat15

I've decided that I am not going to be one of the annointed ones that will get tickets from the Alum fund. I'm going to sell my soul to StubHub and get the five tickets I need from there. We're gonna drive to Mpls and fly from there to Milwaukee. Haven't got a room yet. But, what the heck, there have to be park benches in a city as big as Milwaukee.

This is the year and I ain't gonna miss it!!!

Hey, brother can you spare a dime?

I've heard that people on the charters aren't even Fighting Sioux Club members.......this could start to get ugly!

I heard that the list at UND barely got to the Director's Club level. It certainly wouldn't be fair if there are people on the bus that received tickets without having to be FSC members. I realize that there will undoubtedly be friends or whatever of members that get tickets through UND, but tours that aren't put together by the UND alumni office should have to source their own tickets.

Regardless, I'm going to find a way to get in the building.

I've decided that I am not going to be one of the annointed ones that will get tickets from the Alum fund. I'm going to sell my soul to StubHub and get the five tickets I need from there. We're gonna drive to Mpls and fly from there to Milwaukee. Haven't got a room yet. But, what the heck, there have to be park benches in a city as big as Milwaukee.

This is the year and I ain't gonna miss it!!!

Maybe they can haul up some of those fema trailers that the Denver blogger was talking about Sioux fans living in.

Just spoke with Al the bus is full and about 41 people on the waiting list.

Yeah but the question is...does it include tickets to the games? I heard that 150 tickets go to the hockey office, 150 to the flight charter and 6 tickets to each suite holder which doesn't leave a whole lot for the rest of us. Rumor has it the REA needs a lesson in how to treat an individual that works his butt off for us, but gets not respect from the REA management! I admire Al for his hard work, but man I don't know how he puts up with it year after year.

OK I know these facts are true - REA has nothing to do with the tickets, it is all being handled by UND Athletics. They got tickets from the NCAA (I believe the number was 600), first 100 go to the athlete's families, 50 to UND students, after that the tickets go first to the President, then the Athletic department and alumni department employees who need to be there for various reason. After that the tickets go to those in order of their giving (Diamond club, emerald club, Directors, Coaches). The charter only holds 150 and the rest are on your own.

OK I know these facts are true - REA has nothing to do with the tickets, it is all being handled by UND Athletics. They got tickets from the NCAA (I believe the number was 600), first 100 go to the athlete's families, 50 to UND students, after that the tickets go first to the President, then the Athletic department and alumni department employees who need to be there for various reason. After that the tickets go to those in order of their giving (Diamond club, emerald club, Directors, Coaches). The charter only holds 150 and the rest are on your own.

Anyone want to bet me that, Chris Semerau, Jason, and a few more higher ups at REA won't be there?

They do not fit into your above "OK I know these facts to be true plan?"

But one key point this year is that the suite holders each get 6 tickets to do whatever they please with! How fair is that?

But one key point this year is that the suite holders each get 6 tickets to do whatever they please with! How fair is that?

Even though I'm doing the ticket/ hotel/ travel desperation searching right now, I say it's completely fair.

If I was able to pony up a huge financial committment for a suite, I'd probably feel a little entitlement for FF tickets from the alumni association too. Yes, I'll be alittle miffed if they go unused, but that's the way goes sometimes.

The suite holders did not each get 6 tickets - they had to get in line like the rest of us.

My father just got the call that he was not allotted tickets and that if you are a suiteholder receiving the 6 tickets, you must provide names of the people using the tickets and if those people aren't on UND's list, then you don't get the tickets. Money talks I guess!

That's right, to get tickets, you had to be a fighting Sioux club member at a certain level. I heard that for the charter it was Director's club and the first couple of coaches club members, and for just the tickets, it was Emerald club.

So yes the suiteholders were allotted 6 tickets each but cannot be given to just "anybody".

No the suites were not alloted any tickets, but they had to call in like the rest of us and it went by their FIghting Sioux club membership level. Most suite holders are at levels of Emerald and above so they get higher priority because of that. If they were granted tickets, it had to be for them. If they tried to get tickets for their friends by saying I'll take 6 tickets, all names the tickets were for had to be Fighting SIoux club members at the Coaches level or above.

No the suites were not alloted any tickets, but they had to call in like the rest of us and it went by their FIghting Sioux club membership level. Most suite holders are at levels of Emerald and above so they get higher priority because of that. If they were granted tickets, it had to be for them. If they tried to get tickets for their friends by saying I'll take 6 tickets, all names the tickets were for had to be Fighting SIoux club members at the Coaches level or above.

Are you sure they weren't allotted 6 tickets each? I heard from a former alumni member that is the way they did it because of all the suite holders complaining about the ticket situation.

Almost 100% positive. It went by the club levels - but again most suite holders are Emerald or Diamond club so they got the highest priority. Also talked to people in Athletics and REA and both said the same thing and have a relative in a suite and they did not get offered tickets but had to get on the list.

I think it would be fun to just be in Milwaukee, even if you had to watch it at a sports bar somewhere.. or tailgating in the parking lot! We were in Columbus last year and the games were great fun, but it was just as much fun just hanging around the city and having complete strangers look at your Sioux jersey and yell GO SIOUX.

We got tickets in the lottery for ourselves. Now we are looking for tickets for our about to become Alumni son who was number 53 in the Sioux Crew line this morning. :D

here's from my mom who just talked with Al:

Al did not get tickets for all bus-goers. He has some Thurs 2pm tickets but not enough for all. He has a lead on Championship game tickets, if BC loses to the Sioux (BC's ticketholders). He plans to try to buy Thurs 2 pm tickets on arrival in Milwaukee. Hope this helps anyone out there.

Go Sioux!!

Just got the the call for our 4 tickets...we do have a suite, but I've still been concerned. I did call on Monday to the ticket office thankfully...one of the other guys in our suite got the other 2. They never asked me for names on the tickets.

Just got the the call for our 4 tickets...we do have a suite, but I've still been concerned. I did call on Monday to the ticket office thankfully...one of the other guys in our suite got the other 2. They never asked me for names on the tickets.

Well, so much for having to be in the right club! :lol: