SiouxSports.com Forum

how much hockey can you stand?

YaneA

I'm announcing that all fans attending the regional are welcome to watch the UND Law School hockey team play the first two games of a best-of-three series against the team from the Med School. Rules are being negotiated as I post. It's sue-ers vs. sew-ers. Game time is Saturday, the 25th, at 11:30 a.m. at Purpur Arena, near the corner of Washington & Demers in Grand Forks. Second game Sunday at 2 p.m., also at Purpur. No charge to attend.

I'm announcing that all fans attending the regional are welcome to watch the UND Law School hockey team play the first two games of a best-of-three series against the team from the Med School. Rules are being negotiated as I post. Game time is Saturday, the 25th, at 11:30 a.m. at Purpur Arena, corner of Washington & Demers in Grand Forks. Second game Sunday at 2 p.m., also at Purpur. No charge to attend.

I would love to watch a bunch of smarties diddle around with a puck. Just curious, how many of those playing in this event played high school hockey?

I don't have enough info for a full-scale scouting report. One of the players, a Canadian law student, assures me that if only he and 5 teammates of his choice played, their skill level would be senior league-equivalent. Not as good as Warroad Lakers, though, I'm told.

I don't have enough info for a full-scale scouting report. One of the players, a Canadian law student, assures me that if only he and 5 teammates of his choice played, their skill level would be senior league-equivalent. Not as good as Warroad Lakers, though, I'm told.

There's some Canucks playin' eh? That'll be some good hockey.

I'm now told that the law school team includes two guys (F, D) that played D-III, one guy who had a cup of coffee in Junior A, one guy cut twice from Junior A and a handful who played high school.

BTW, they're looking for a name for the tournament trophy. Any ideas?

There's some Canucks playin' eh? That'll be some good hockey.

I played last year for the law school. We did not have many guys, but a few could skate. We had a good goalie with a very cool paint job on his mask. Yes there was a very large Canadian on the team who was only a first year, so he should be back. Also we had a kid who played some DIII hockey - I think at Gustavus. The skill range varied, but I would guess half of the team played high school or junior gold. As far as regional HS players, I played for North, we had a kid from Minot and one from Warroad, I do not believe we had any GF guys playing.

The med school cheated as usual and used undergrad "ringers" last year. :D They had a guy from West Fargo who was pretty good. Last year we would be lucky to have two lines and the med school always had 3+. I hear the law school only accepted students who had a LSAT score of 150+ and played HS hockey, so this year should be better. :ohmy:

My intramural team played the law school this year, and I'd say they're pretty solid talent-wise. The game was back and forth but they have a bunch of snipers who can pick corners well. Most of them can skate, some very well, some not as well. As YaneA said, about a handful of them are pretty friggin good.

I know nothing of the med school team, but I'll guarentee the law school wins the series.