SiouxSports.com Forum

2006 Final Five - Vengeance Shall be Mine!

MafiaMan

It's been well-documented on this site the travesty that was the Colorado College/Minnesota Gopher hockey game last March and my donning of a certain jersey with an ugly-colored M on it for that game. Alas, it has been a year, but thanks to the Sioux hockey team defeating Minnesota in last year's Final Five 3rd place game, revenge was served on Friday afternoon for the Wisconsin/North Dakota hockey game as my buddy was forced to wear my 1997 era North Dakota Fighting Sioux hockey jersey. Much to his chagrin, I promised him that before the weekend was over, a picture commemorating the moment would be proudly displayed for all to see on Siouxsports.com. Without further ado, I bring you...the 2006 Final Five trio...

MafiaMan_2006.jpg

NMU guy grew up in Ishpeming. Thankfully, NMU went retro-style jersey this season and ditched the hideous Wildcat logo look.

I guess I have no taste in jerseys, but I don't think that NMU jersey looks that bad. I've definitely seen worse looking jerseys.

I guess I have no taste in jerseys, but I don't think that NMU jersey looks that bad. I've definitely seen worse looking jerseys.

I've seen several games with the mid-1990's style jersey. The biggest problem was the home jerseys...white letters on the green shoulder that overlapped onto the white, creating white numbers on white letters. Hard to see.

The 1991 Northern Michigan jersey is simply classic.