SiouxSports.com Forum

Final 5

GBpakrzz

Assuming UND wins tonight (Is there really a doubt?) and either CC or Denver lose their respective game 3, does that push the Sioux out of the play-in game? Or would CC and Denver both need to lose for that to occur?

The St Cloud/Colorado College game has no bearing for the Sioux. The bottom line is that if UMD pulls off the upset and defeats Denver, UMD and NOT UND will meet the St Cloud/CC winner in the play-in game. The Sioux would then move to the other bracket and play Wisconsin Friday afternoon instead of Minnesota Friday night.

If Denver beats UMD tonite, the Sioux would play the St Cloud/CC winner on Thursday night.

Go dawgs beat jbsu and the goofs and we'll have one heck of a title game.

Yes. I would love a little UMD smack down on U of M at the X! And, the way UMD handled themselves at DU, I don't even think I would consider it much of an upset at this point...

:silly:

Yes. I would love a little UMD smack down on U of M at the X! And, the way UMD handled themselves at DU, I don't even think I would consider it much of an upset at this point...

:silly:

Since we only lost 1-0 (well, 2-0 with the empty-netter) and took 3 of 4 from the Goofs earlier in the season, well... I'm not looking that far ahead.

How does the money work for the Final Five? I'm guessing first round games go to the league. Does all this money get redistributed after cost? Or does the WCHA have a fat bank account?

Does the WCHA pay for the teams to travel and stay for the Final Five? I know they don't give anyting for the schools' bands to come. Though maybe they are helping Tech since they are the official band this year.