SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews

siouxnami

There where alot of scouts that have seen what toews has done the last few weeks, especially last night. His second goal last night was something you would expect from an NHL vet, not a 17 year old. For the second game in a row he misses the hat trick, by the inside of a pipe.

Can this guy shoo high, or what?

Oh yeah, and he may not even be the best freshman on the team...

Toews has unbelievalbe skill. He is a diamond in the rough this season, next year this kid will dominate. Oshie, Zajac, and Toews on the same line would be like Parise Bochenski and Murrey -

I guess I will disagree with the 'diamond in the rough' bit. As I understand the phrase, it's like finding a great thing out of something that wasn't expected to be great in the first place. Players that come to mind fitting that description would be Erik Fabian and Jordan Parise. Most of us knew coming into this year that Toews was something special. There's no doubt that he's going to dominate.

I guess I will disagree with the 'diamond in the rough' bit. As I understand the phrase, it's like finding a great thing out of something that wasn't expected to be great in the first place. Players that come to mind fitting that description would be Erik Fabian and Jordan Parise. Most of us knew coming into this year that Toews was something special. There's no doubt that he's going to dominate.

Diamond in the Rough, refers to knowing that someone is great, but needs work and time to develop into a great playmaker, he is only 17, call me crazy but that is awfuly young and inexperienced in college hockey

Haktol was on "Beyond the pond" this morning with Dubay on KFAN. He said the player that the off week awhile back helped the most was Toews....he said they noticed it practice right away....a whole different energy level. The rest helped him take his play to a higher level after the world juniors had drained him. Dubay and Micheletti were quite complimentary to the Sioux...getting worried about possibly playing in the GF regional.

I agree with redwing77. Jonathan was sought after by some pretty knowledgeable hockey people and will obviously go high in the upcoming NHL draft. WOW, can this kid shot the puck. He is definetly one of the most talented kids I've ever seen play @ UND(espcially for his age). I hope he sticks around a while.

Toews looked outstanding last night. I don't see UND that often but he really stands out as the guy who is improving the most. I didn't really notice him for the Grand Forks series against the Gophers. The Minneapolis series he looked better, but was obviously tired. Last night he looked dominant.

he played great last night, it was very fun to see in person. he could have had 4 goals with a little luck. cool guy as well along with the rest of this team. first class players that could not be any more generous and nice to fans.

Toews has unbelievalbe skill. He is a diamond in the rough this season, next year this kid will dominate. Oshie, Zajac, and Toews on the same line would be like Parise Bochenski and Murrey -

i loved that line... it gave me shivers everytime