SiouxSports.com Forum

UMDDogz Invades!

UMDDogz

I'd rather sing the song "Shake your laffy taffy" or whatever it is.

Tell you what: Which is more hostile and abusive? Black Betty at a sporting event or teaching kids songs about how to shake their asses? And by kids, I mean 6, 7, 8 year olds.

Please. :lol:

You're preachin' to the choir, my friend!

It's official!! I found someone to cover my shift on Saturday so I will be in attendance both nights! I'll be in full Bulldogs gear, so I probably won't be hard to spot. My Dad has the tickets, so I'm not sure what section they are in. Should be a fun weekend...I'm looking forward to seeing some good hockey! (Preferably by tUMD, but I'll take a good weekend of WCHA action over work no matter what happens!)

• 2 weeks later...

Impressions on the Weekend:

Sorry I am doing this a little after the fact...

Weather: (-) Holy crap was it cold! Thank Lessard we had remote start!

Transportation/Parking: (+) Couldn't be better. Parked for free at 2nd street and took the free shuttle bus! Never waited in line for the bus for more than 3 minutes. Spent the time after the game admiring the exhibits in the REA lobby.

Facilities: (+) Didn't take the tour, but was tempted to. Absolutely first class. I hope the new arena tDogz are talking about building up in Duluth can match that kind of luxury and attentions to detail.

Crowd: (=) Most fans we talked to were friendly (it's easy when you're ahead 4-0). Can't believe you guys did the sieve chant on Grand Forks' Ziggleman though. That was stone cold guys.

Hockey Quality: (-) Two games with 4 goal seperation...not the most exciting games I've been to. Only got one chance to stand up and cheer the whole weekend.

UMD Hockey Quality: (--) Poor on Friday night, although Ziggy giving up 2 softies right away didn't help. Absolutely horrible on Saturday. WAY too many defensive zone turnovers.

Impressions on the Weekend:

Sorry I am doing this a little after the fact...

In other breaking news; the Berlin wall has fallen... :D:D

BTW, as a Minnesota tax payer FFC that the new DECC will be anything like the Ralph. I would expect something like magness, which is still nice. I will miss the DECC though, it's like pinball on ice.