SiouxSports.com Forum

Siouxper-Husky Cup

Skeeterman

Since I wasn't able to make the games last weekend, is the esteemed "Cup" still in possession of the Siouxper fans? If so, hang onto it till next season, unless we face each other in play-offs. In which case, I will be there no matter wher it ends up.

Kicking myself for not making the games last weekend.

What the deuce is the Siouxper-Husky trophy? ;):p

It's a trophy I made and presented to a bunch of Sioux fans who came to pre-game socials at O'Hara's in St. Cloud. It's actually a cup, an athletic cup, specially mounted by yours truly. It's not a game-used cup, though. It's a frikkin work of art.

Since I wasn't able to make the games last weekend, is the esteemed "Cup" still in possession of the Siouxper fans?

I gave it to Bill Prout after the Saturday game. We had our mixer at Sugar's (Holiday Inn) before the game on Saturday, and he and I had made arrangements for the trophy presentation.

For those of you who haven't seen the Cup, it's a pretty sweet creation. I'm a little sad that it's not in my basement anymore. Oh, well, there's always next year. And for those of you who are still confused, the Cup is awarded to the winner of the regular season series between St. Cloud State and UND. (Not sure what we'd do in the event of a tie....) Anyway, so there's lettering on the cup from last year that reads "2004-2005 UND 3-0-1" and this year will read "2005-2006 SCSU 3-1-0". There's room for 8 or 10 more years on the silver of the trophy, and then plaques can be attached to the wood base. After 20 years or so, we'll have to add to the base of the Cup. But it'll just look sweeter as the years go by. Thanks again to Skeeterman for creating the Cup and for starting this tradition.

Sioux18

This is a good idea! Sioux fans and opposing fans from other WCHA teams should adopt a tradition like this. Not sure of the design, but the trophy that travels between Sioux fans and Gopher fans could be called "The Sioux or Rat Trophy." (say that out loud fast...)

I gave it to Bill Prout after the Saturday game. We had our mixer at Sugar's (Holiday Inn) before the game on Saturday, and he and I had made arrangements for the trophy presentation.

For those of you who haven't seen the Cup, it's a pretty sweet creation. I'm a little sad that it's not in my basement anymore. Oh, well, there's always next year. And for those of you who are still confused, the Cup is awarded to the winner of the regular season series between St. Cloud State and UND. (Not sure what we'd do in the event of a tie....) Anyway, so there's lettering on the cup from last year that reads "2004-2005 UND 3-0-1" and this year will read "2005-2006 SCSU 3-1-0". There's room for 8 or 10 more years on the silver of the trophy, and then plaques can be attached to the wood base. After 20 years or so, we'll have to add to the base of the Cup. But it'll just look sweeter as the years go by. Thanks again to Skeeterman for creating the Cup and for starting this tradition.

Sioux18

Great! I hope he cares for it as well as you guys did. Now when we can hopefully claim the DQ cup, we'll be fully protected. I hope we get our choice of flavors to fill that cup.