SiouxSports.com Forum

Gopher Wisco Update

GoldyGopher

Wow, the badgers really suck without Elliott...

They actually could have won this game, but took some penalties in the middle of the third to slow down their momentum, allowing the Gophers to recover from their temporary breakdown. Scoring the 3 goals in 2 minutes, 39 seconds was pretty crazy, and definitely ignited the crowd back into the game. Made for a fun 3rd period to watch, which was more than what you could say about the 2nd period of the game.

They actually could have won this game, but took some penalties in the middle of the third to slow down their momentum, allowing the Gophers to recover from their temporary breakdown. Scoring the 3 goals in 2 minutes, 39 seconds was pretty crazy, and definitely ignited the crowd back into the game. Made for a fun 3rd period to watch, which was more than what you could say about the 2nd period of the game.

No, I agree with Sioux Yeah Yeah on this one. You have to realize one thing:

Only ONE person for the Badgers is out of the game involuntarily, and that is Elliot. If a team is as good as their record infers, then this shouldn't stop the Badgers. They are failing MISERABLY at the first sign of adversity. Yeah, Elliot is their #1 goaltender and their #2 is a freshman, but still, their offensive and defensive makeup is UNCHANGED otherwise. Really, there's no excuse for getting swept by Denver and, though the jury is still out for tommorrow, if UW is swept this weekend, they are basically out of contention for #1 and no longer a favorite in anything.

No, I agree with Sioux Yeah Yeah on this one. You have to realize one thing:

Only ONE person for the Badgers is out of the game involuntarily, and that is Elliot. If a team is as good as their record infers, then this shouldn't stop the Badgers. They are failing MISERABLY at the first sign of adversity. Yeah, Elliot is their #1 goaltender and their #2 is a freshman, but still, their offensive and defensive makeup is UNCHANGED otherwise. Really, there's no excuse for getting swept by Denver and, though the jury is still out for tommorrow, if UW is swept this weekend, they are basically out of contention for #1 and no longer a favorite in anything.

I don't think I ever disagreed with Sioux Yeah Yeah. I simply stated that the Badgers could have one this one, which they could have. They have no excuse for their poor play through the first two periods. This is their second weekend without Elliot, so they should have found a way to adjust, if they're the team that their records says they are. I also think that there vulnerability was exposed back in December when they lost to Tech, and than nearly lost to the US Development team, and that's when they had Elliot. I guess I don't agree with you as far as them being out of contention for #1 with being swept this weekend. If they turn it around and start winning games again, like they were prior to last weekend, things would most likely go their way. With that being said, I'm not a Badger fan, so I hope they do lose more often, regardless of who's in net.