SiouxSports.com Forum

The Dakota Student gets it exactly right

frnkdrcmn

Ahh, here we go...

Full Season Package

(Includes first round of the WCHA playoffs and official student section T-shirt)

* Full Student Season (limit 1) - $221.00

* Full Student Season Guest (limit 1) - $703.00 (Guest ticket can only be purchased with corresponding Student Season Ticket)

Half Season Packages

* Package #1 (Includes 1st game of weekend series, plus WCHA games 1 and 3, and T-shirt)

Student Season Package #1 - $125.00

Student Season Package #1 Guest - $347.00

(Guest ticket can only be purchased with corresponding Student Season Ticket)

* Package #2 (Includes 2nd game of weekend series, plus University of Alberta game, WCHA game 2, and T-shirt)

Student Season Package #2 - $125.00

Student Season Package #2 Guest - $356.00

(Guest ticket can only be purchased with corresponding Student Season Ticket)

*From gophersports.com

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what is wrong with watching a great hockey game while showing a little pride in your team and cheering for them? A loud atmosphere helps out the home team and gets in the road teams head. I dont think anyone at Duke University is telling the students to be quiet and not to stand. I also like to watch the hockey game but believe with 3 minutes left in a one goal game that I should be able to stand up and would hope that the rest of the arena would follow.

No one is telling UND students to be quiet either. People just don't want to hear students chanting a select few words. Yell as loud as you want using the other thousands of words that are available. And I agree that you should be able to stand during important parts of the games, but not all of the time. You probably won't get everyone to stand with you, but many of us are already standing when the game gets exciting.

I would be more then willing to pay over 200 bucks for a student season ticket, we get it for a steal right now at 75, this would weed out all the students that just show up because its 6 bucks and something to do, and bring in all the true student fans. A true fan would work his butt off all summer to pay for the season ticket :p Right now you can pay for it by collecting coins off the street all summer.

I would be more then willing to pay over 200 bucks for a student season ticket, we get it for a steal right now at 75, this would weed out all the students that just show up because its 6 bucks and something to do, and bring in all the true student fans. A true fan would work his butt off all summer to pay for the season ticket :p Right now you can pay for it by collecting coins off the street all summer.

Perhaps, charge more for lower bowl and less for upper bowl? That way you get more die hards down low and the people looking to find a post-game party up top. Main problem is that for a lot of students money is an issue. I know I probably wouldn't be able to throw down $200 for tickets, but for some students, including those non-die hards, that may not be an issue.

First come first serve general admission. That gets the die-hards out there. The ralph can keep the bad kids out by de-activating their student id's if they get kicked out. Sure there are students who will just borrow their friend's id, but it will still cut down on some of the bad students at the games.