SiouxSports.com Forum

Kuper Article

UND Fan

Interesting article in the Anchorage Daily News.

Anchorage lineman catching NFL's eye Jan 23, 2006

Kuper, a 2001 Dimond High graduate, represented the University of North Dakota and was one of two NCAA Division II players in the game ... Anchorage's Chris Kuper, 23, just finished his career as an offensive lineman at the University of North Dakota and could get picked as high as the second round of April's NFL draft. (Anchorage Daily News)

I guess I still don't know how to attach a link......

Wow, sounds like he did well. It surprises me that he would go near the second or third round. I thought that he would either be a 6th or 7th rounder or a free agent signee. That seems like good news :lol: .

The 2nd or 3rd round thing is possible, but highly unlikely. I would guess he will get drafted somewhere on the second day.

He had a very good practice week although he struggled in the pass protection one-on-one drills the first day and part of the second day. During team drills he buried a d-tackle from Texas A&M twice in a row. The D-lineman was so embarassed that he drilled Chris from behind as Chris was walking back to the huddle. A scout was quoted as saying " Kupers obscenity laced enthusiasm for the physical play could be heard as far as the middle rows of the stadium"

On day three of practice he did very well during one on one's and continued to excel during team and the run game. Chris' agent thinks he will be in the top five for the 40 yd dash, the 10 yd dash, the vertical jump and the shuttle drills which will cause him to leap frog some of the big school kids because of his athleticism. This could potentially get him drafted on day one but more than likely he will be a 3-5th round pick.

Bottom line is it doesn't matter because he still will have to make a team. Regardless of what happens, his family and friends are proud of the man he has become and UND is a big part of that growth.

Go Sioux!!!!

He had a very good practice week although he struggled in the pass protection one-on-one drills the first day and part of the second day. During team drills he buried a d-tackle from Texas A&M twice in a row. The D-lineman was so embarassed that he drilled Chris from behind as Chris was walking back to the huddle. A scout was quoted as saying " Kupers obscenity laced enthusiasm for the physical play could be heard as far as the middle rows of the stadium"

On day three of practice he did very well during one on one's and continued to excel during team and the run game. Chris' agent thinks he will be in the top five for the 40 yd dash, the 10 yd dash, the vertical jump and the shuttle drills which will cause him to leap frog some of the big school kids because of his athleticism. This could potentially get him drafted on day one but more than likely he will be a 3-5th round pick.

Bottom line is it doesn't matter because he still will have to make a team. Regardless of what happens, his family and friends are proud of the man he has become and UND is a big part of that growth.

Go Sioux!!!!

Thanks for the news, and I wish him the best.

Go Sioux!!!!

Thanks for the insight! Yes, Chris has been a great player for us - I am sure he will have great success in the future, whether it is in football or the "real world".

I asked you a couple of years ago about whether there were any younger "Kupes" up there who may play for the Sioux in the future. You said there was one or two younger brothers. Are they still playing FB, how old are they, etc.?

Thanks for the insight! Yes, Chris has been a great player for us - I am sure he will have great success in the future, whether it is in football or the "real world".

I asked you a couple of years ago about whether there were any younger "Kupes" up there who may play for the Sioux in the future. You said there was one or two younger brothers. Are they still playing FB, how old are they, etc.?

Conner is a senior in HS and we are currently visiting schools in the Northwest in order for him to be closer to his grandparents and play in a good program . I think all of us are waiting to see where Chris ends up at in order to for all of us to determine where we want to live so we can attend his games. We missed way too many of his college games and we aren't willing to miss his pro career. Colton is a 7th grader and a very good rb/wr so we have a couple of years to figure it out. UND is a great school and we will be following it's success in the near future. Thanks for the kind words and hopefully we will see you in GF. Best Regards, David Kuper