SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Gophers

Siouxdonyms

Anyone got a good joke or anything to lighten the mood? I really am at a loss for words for the performance we are seeing tonight. I wonder if Hak could rent the ice after the game and have the players do a few Herbies.

The only good spot I can see is that Phil is doing damn good for having nothing in front of him, no support on the other end of the ice, and having what... 21 minutes of shorthanded less than nobody in front of him?

I mean seriously. I have a growing respect for Phil even if the team seems to only show up when Jordan is in goal.

Tommorrow's another day.

Heh. TH said pregame that Lucia thinks we'll make the NCAAs. I wonder what Lucia would say post game? Tell you something, I dislike Lucia, but if he were to rescind that comment, I wouldn't blame him.

The down years are always harder to watch. I just thought that, with the talent we were bringing in, it wouldn't be a down year.

I guess I was wrong.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone got a good joke or anything to lighten the mood? I really am at a loss for words for the performance we are seeing tonight. I wonder if Hak could rent the ice after the game and have the players do a few Herbies.

What do you call a black astronaut???

An astronaut ya racist!!!

Thank God that period is over......sigh...The shots on goal are pathetic, absolutely pathetic. 42-12 for two periods!!!! Phillipe is the only one playing out there. Penalties are killing us boys, stay outta the damn box!!!!

I really hate the Gophers...and that stupid MINNESOTA song is gettin on my nerves...

Light em up Hak, they're embarrassing you and themselves out there.

They only play it when they score! I can only listen on the radio.. but I am disappointed in the Sioux.. I think they are alot better than they are playing tonight... I'm sure they will get there butts chewed out tonight and be ready to play much better tomorrow night...!

They only play it when they score! I can only listen on the radio.. but I am disappointed in the Sioux.. I think they are alot better than they are playing tonight... I'm sure they will get there butts chewed out tonight and be ready to play much better tomorrow night...!

Precisely! We're sick of it! :D

A lot of the blame has to fall on Hakstol. This is ridiculous. I haven't been in the locker room when he is talking, but it doesn't seem like the Sioux have changed their play anywhere in this game. Hakstol needs to convince his team that cheap shots are not the way to get even.

I am not here to troll-I have said the same thing about the Gophers many years. You need to add the grinders/4 year players to the superstars.

I agree. Minnesota should do that too and stop recruiting players like WHeeler, Erik Johnson, Ryan Potulny, Frazee, Chucko, Okposo, O'Brian... Maybe losing Mueller was a good thing, no?

Seriously, what the Sioux need is fundamentals. The talent is there. The basics are not. Experience isn't there either. We can't teach experience, but we can teach fundamentals.

Why can't we pass?

Powerplays are going to be a gift too. So, why when we actually did get it into the zone, was everyone afraid to shoot the puck?

I'm not saying they should shoot as soon as they get into the zone, but comon! The Gophers have nothing to be afraid of when the Sioux are passing it around the perimeter. Just pass it 3 times then shoot! Scrap for the rebound and then reset up, pass 3 times then shoot! If it gets cleared it gets cleared but at least that way you are guaranteed at least 1 attempt!!!!

We're a gritty team trying to play a finesse game and it just isn't working! Change it up!

The Devils are up in the 3rd...Good to see some good sioux hockey on Channel 544 (Dish Network)...

I can't believe the other Sioux game tonight. I can't even watch it. Foyt will not see ice again at UND, but that's what happens when you are constantly second to the puck and start pressing. And Foyt is just one example. Watch the replay on the fifth goal again. Four UND players standing around while three Gophers are slapping away at the puck. I guess they don't dare defend their goal anymore.

The team looks completely uncoached and completely frozen by fear of making a mistake. No amount of yelling or peeling the walls will fix that...

How many butt chewings is it gonna take? Please, these guys are either not that good and NHL scouts have made remarkable errors in judgement, or the coaching sucks. WTF? I spend thousands of dollars every year on this team and university and I must say, the product we're getting ain't worth it. Chew butt all you like Hack-stool and remember to have the janitor at Mariucci retrieve your tidy whities from the rafters before you leave.

Sorry about this Ralph, you deserve much better.

I think I understand the strategy now for the third period...have the 4th line (the only one that seems to be playing) grind them and beat them down for tomorrow night - put some welts and marks on them. In the meantime, the top lines are savings their legs so they can jump on the Gophers tomorrow night...I can't wait. The Sioux will be dominant...

I really thought that Zajaz was going to have a monster year this year and I just don't notice him doing anything that great on the ice but I guess that could be said for about everyone in the green tonight except Phil.

Not trying to be nit-picky here, but Zajac is averging a point a game, not bad considering that's second on the team in scoring. He also is an unbelieveable face-off man, by far the most dependable man for when you need a face-off one for this team, this year. Maybe he's not doing high-light reel moves, but he does a lot of the little things I believe that can unnoticed to the un-trained eye. Just my opinion though.