SiouxSports.com Forum

Old Goalies

Prof Plum

Are we basically telling all the current goaltenders that your done?  I would like to take this opportunity to thank Andy Kollar for his dignity & grace how he has handled everything this year and passed years.  He could of bitched and caused problems in the media in years passed because there was a time when Karl was struggling and Andy was playing better and Blaiser went right back to Karl.  He accepted it because he is a team player.  He is handling things with class now as well.  With all the bad press he has taken lately I would have killed somebody by now.  My hats off to you Andy as a class act!  No, I am not his dad.

• 1 month later...

Having faith in each and every member of the team goes a long way to building a team spirit that endures.  To give up on the team's players is such a shame, specially in a "rebuilding year" - when everybody is struggling. These young men have devoted many years of their life to a sport that provides them a fulfillment in a sport very few have the opportunity to achieve, - in addition to excelling as students at UND.  As fans we have the

satisfaction of high calibre, entertaining hockey and good clean fun with the expectation that the Sioux will win each and every game. To the many, many supportive Sioux fans in the true spirit of sportsmanship and team

loyalty let's applaud these young men rather than look to criticize, encourage rather than debase and have a little patience.  These players need you behind them and supporting them.

I think in general the Sioux faithful have been supportive of Kollar.  The Friday game against Mankato State had the fans booing not because of poor goaltending, but because of lack of team effort.  On Saturday, when Kollar let in that clearing shot, you got the sense that most, if not all, the fans felt miserable for him.  No booing, just shock.  It was heartbreaking for everyone.  You even saw MSU players giving him verbal support after the game.

Kollar is stepping aside with grace.  He has been a huge asset to this team and continues to be an asset as a supporting role.  Whether he's playing or not, he's likely coaching and mentoring the younger players.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the return of Kollar in an upcoming game.  And, possibly a shutout.  If that happened in front of the home crowd, he'd get the biggest standing-O yet.

taz digs Sioux goalies

Kollar is stepping aside with grace.  He has been a huge asset to this team and continues to be an asset as a supporting role.  Whether he's playing or not, he's likely coaching and mentoring the younger players.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the return of Kollar in an upcoming game.  And, possibly a shutout.  If that happened in front of the home crowd, he'd get the biggest standing-O yet.

Heck I was booing what a terrible display during the MSU series and I was booing the play the goaltender. Andy should step aside with grace he has no leg to stand on to make a bunch of demands.

Taz I don't think you will see Andy play anymore, maybe one clean up/back up game. I really feel Josh and Jake are better psyically and mentally. No Really its crunch time and UND can't afford to give points away, because we wan't to protect a players ego. Let him sit on the bench. Blais did it to Toby and to Schwitzer to a certain degree.

Blais is probably going to give his team that speech if we don't win almost every game everynight were done, stick a fork in us. (From what I hear Blaiser is an emotional coach and the players get used to this intense coaching) Really if we have to play UofM or UofW in the first round we probably won't go to the final five. UND can't afford to give players that haven't met the mustard to get one more charity start. Andy has not proved he deserved to play this season he had 13 starts with a high GAA 5-7 and poor record. What else do you guys want?